Friday, October 10, 2014

TGIF - Belgrade Philharmonic Orchestra - Baltimore vs. Kansas City


Friday==>We will get today’s posting started with a big TGIF shout-out to all of my friends out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks.

Your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, hopes that everyone, including his poor Worker Bee friends, will have a great weekend.

So ... why don’t we get started with Billi Pod’s report card on last night stellar classical music concert ... 

THE BELGRADE PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall. The program was:

Tchaikovsky -  Marche slave;
Verdi - Arias from Rigoletto and Macbeth; and,
Sibelius - Symphony No. 2

I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that it was an excellent concert in all aspects.

The arias from Macbeth and Rigoletto were performed by the world-renowned baritone Zeljko Lucic, who received a roaring standing ovation. In response he gave us an excellent encore performance.

For me the highlight of the evening was the majestic 4th movement in Symphony No. 2 by Jean Sibelius.

My TDF seat was in row B of the parquet (orchestra) as far house left as you can get ... not good. Luckily, just moments before the concert was to begin I was able to switch to a seat further back and that was excellent.

Yeah, I left Carnegie Hall with a big smile on my face. 

I had walked from the apartment to Carnegie Hall before the concert, so I opted to subway back.

Moving on ...

As mentioned in yesterday’s posting ... my plans for this evening are to stay in the cozy confines of PHC in front of my 42” flat screen TV to watch ...

Game One of the American League Championship Series (ALCS), Baltimore vs. Kansas City, from Baltimore, carried on TBS.

On the mound for The Orioles will be Chris Tillman (14-6) vs. James Shields (15-8) for The Royals.

I really have mixed feelings about this series because I like the job Buck Showalter has done as The Orioles manager but I also like the fact that The Royals are making their first appearance in the playoffs since 1985.

At the moment I think I am leaning toward The Royals. In any event, it should be an interesting series.

OK ... time to post this and then head out for some serious walking and wandering. I want to log at least 5-miles for today and for tomorrow.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.51 miles (or, 9,862 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,147.13 miles (average 4.07 miles per day)

GO GATORS!! 

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: