Tuesday, October 28, 2014

New iPhone6==>NOT!! - Astana Opera Symphony Orchestra - New York Philharmonic



Tuesday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... in all honesty ... yesterday some really strange things happened during the day for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

What am I talking about I know you all are anxiously asking your inner selves? Well, inner selves ... it basically revolved around my “plan” to take the big step and buy an iPhone6 and some serious communication problems between me, my eye doctor and Express Scripts.

I won’t bore you with the Express Scripts issue(s) ... but the iPhone6 is another matter. So, here we go ... 

After doing a few errands and chores I headed up to the Apple Store on West Broadway, getting there around 1:30pm. Wow, I was totally surprised at how crowded the store was.

When I finally got the attention of one of the blue-shirted people I told him I wanted to buy the iPhone6 with 64GB. To my surprise he told me that they were currently out-of-stock but that they would have some available on Tuesday morning. WTF?

Oh well ... nothing I could do about it. I then asked him about transferring everything from the old phone to the new phone and he asked me what my backup was, my computer or iCloud.

When I told him neither he just stared at me for a few moments and then said that I would have to backup to transfer and that he highly recommended that I use iCloud.

I agreed. He then sent me downstairs to find a tech-person, which I finally did, and he began the process of showing me what I had to do and things began to get weirder. First, I couldn’t remember my Apple Store password which was necessary to create my iCloud account, so we had to go through the process of getting a new password.

Then, I had to buy some additional iCloud space for me to transfer everything and when I tried to pay for it the credit card on file had expired. So we had to go through the process of updating.

Well, finally everything was set and then he told me that it would take at least 3-hours to backup everything and that I should do it at home.

He told me what I had to do, I thanked him and then headed home. I’m sure he was very glad to see me finally leave.

When I got back to the apartment I started the process, following the directions I had been given. Everything worked well, except that the estimated time to backup everything would be approximately 7-hours. OMFG!!

Well, I won’t bore you with more strange details because as of this morning the backup process is now completed, Thank God!!

My plans are to head back to the Westside store this afternoon, hopefully to come back with a fully operational and functional iPhone6.

Yeah, I know, I know ... way too many details and way too boring ... but ... whatever ... 

Moving on ...

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for Monday night was a classical music concert at Carnegie Hall ...

ASTANA OPERA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA - “Voice of Asia” - The program featured masterpieces of World classical music, including Rossini, Verdi, Bernstein, Offenbach, Borodin and Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto, in addition to traditional Kazakh music==>TOTALLY ENJOYABLE!!

This concert featured a stellar group of vocal soloists backed by the Symphony Orchestra and the Chamber Choir.

For me the highlights were Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto, performed by 28yr. old Erzhan Kulibaev (who looks 14, at least from where I was seated) and Borodin’s Polovtsian Dances from Prince Igor, performed by the Choir and Orchestra.

When the concert was over the basically full-house gave the performers a standing ovation.

My comp. seat was in the upper nosebleed section of the balcony but that didn’t matter because the sight lines were OK and the sound was AWESOME, as usual in Carnegie Hall.

Yeah, your favorite blogger left Carnegie Hall with a smile on his face, that is for sure.

Moving on ...

Today’s entertainment event is another classical music concert, this time at Lincoln Center ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is:

Bartok - Piano Concerto No. 3 (performed by Yefim Bronfman); and,
Bruckner - Symphony No. 8
(season subscription series)

For this concert I will be seated next to my friends Lenny Gordon and his wife, Marie Taylor. Am really looking forward to seeing them.

When the concert is over I will subway back to the apartment so I can watch the remainder of Game Six of The World Series, from Kansas City.

The San Francisco Giants lead The Series 3-2 so this is a must-win game for The Royals.

On the mound for The Royals will be the hard-throwing Yordano Ventura (14-10) vs. Jake Peavy (6-4) for The Giants. This is a rematch of Game Two, won 7-2 by The Royals.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... those of you who have stayed with me this far in today’s posting ... it is now time to post this and then head out to get my new iPhone6.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.09 miles (or, 11,142 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,229.63 miles (average 4.10 miles per day)

GO GATORS==>FIRE COACH MUSKRAT!! 

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: