Monday, October 20, 2014

7.27 Miles - Found - The Kinsey Sicks



Monday==>Yesterday was an excellent doubleheader for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and it was highlighted by some pretty AWESOME walking stats.

Yes, when I finally got back to the apartment last night I had recorded 7.27 miles (or, 15,896 steps) on my WeightWatchers Pedometer. WOW!!

How did I record that many miles I know many of you are asking your inner selves? Well, inner selves ... it went down like this ...

First, I left the apartment a bit early for my walk downtown to my first show (details below) at a theater on West 20th Street. Picked up my ticket and then spent almost an hour walking and wandering in the Chelsea area.

Then, when my show was over, around 4:30pm, I rather leisurely walked East on 2Oth Street over to the Eastside to the Baruch College area. When I got there I found a nice pizza place and had a great slice and a diet coke, then I spent another hour just walking and wandering in the area.

Now, I have to admit that it had gotten a bit windy and nippy but, thankfully, I had anticipated this and was properly dressed.

When my second show (details below) was over I walked up to the 6 train station at 28th and Park, caught a train up to Grand Central, where I rode the shuttle back to Times Square and then walked back to the apartment.

It was about 9:30pm when I finally got back to PHC, and, I have to admit that I was just a bit tired ... but ... I had recorded 7.27 miles ... which ... IMHO ... ain’t bad for an 80yr. old guy.

Anyway ... let’s now move on to Billi Pod’s report cards on yesterday’s doubleheader, beginning with ...

FOUND, follows Davy who, along with his two best friends, is lost and broke. When he finds a strangely revealing note on his windshield meant for someone else, it sparks an outlandish idea that finds him and his compatriots on a wild, comedic journey==>A-

This was a totally enjoyable show that is based on a real set of circumstances that lead Davy Rothbart to create the magazine Found. The magazine features actual notes etc. that have been discarded and then recovered.

More than half of the show’s 28 songs feature lyrics taken straight from the salvaged scrawls. Also, many are woven into the dialogue on stage.

The youngish cast is totally excellent, headed by Nick Blaemire as Davy; Daniel  Everidge as Mikey D, a roommate; and, Barrett Wilbert Weed as Denise, also a roommate.

The full house was really into the show.

My only quibble is that perhaps 15 minutes could be trimmed, making it into a 1:40, without intermission, production.

That being said ... I really enjoyed the show and left the theater with a big smile on my face.

Billi Pod says==>see this show.

It is playing at The Atlantic Theater on West 20th Street, has a running time of 2:15, with intermission, and currently runs through November 9th. My gut tells me it will be extended.

Now ... Billi Pod’s report card on his second entertainment event ...

THE KINSEY SICKS, the "girls" in The Kinsey Sicks have discovered reality TV, and they're desperate to win fame at ANY price==>PF<==for PROFANELY FUNNY!!

“America's Favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet,” gave the full-house audience both original music and lyrics as well as parodies of well-known songs, sung a cappella.

The four performers were excellent as they reached the upper limits of raunchiness and profanity. 

The audience was very much into the show, except for the 60s guy seated to my right who never laughed and whose hands were firmly clasped in his lap for the entire show. He never clapped. When the show was over he quickly ran to the exit. I actually thought he might have been part of the show, a plant ... but he wasn’t. Totally weird. 

Anyway ... your favorite blogger had a great time and I am so glad I was able to score a comp. ticket because this was a one-night-only performance.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, there you have Billi Pod’s AWESOME Sunday entertainment doubleheader.

What about today?

Well, this is Monday, so, as many of you know, it is Billi Pod’s usual errands and chores day. At the moment his entertainment schedule for the evening is in flux ... so, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, stay tuned.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>7.27 miles (or, 15,896 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>32.39 miles (average 4.63 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,195.11 miles (average 4.09 miles per day)

GO GATORS==>FIRE COACH MUSKRAT!! 

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: