Friday, October 3, 2014

September’s Entertainment Stats - On The Town - Baseball



Friday==>It is another beautiful early Fall morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

At 10:30am we have azure blue skies with a few puffy clouds, a nice breeze coming off the Hudson River, and a temperature of 62º.

Rain is in the forecast for Saturday but Sunday is supposed to be another typical Fall day with a high of only 50º.

So ... let’s get today’s posting started with something of interest ... that being your favorite blogger’s entertainment stats for the month of September ... here we go ...

In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries, but then, you know that by now, don’t you?) I find that during the month of September 2014 Billi Pod attended/saw/did the following:

4 Broadway shows (Cabaret; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time; It’s Only a Play; and, Love Letters); 17 Off Broadway shows; 2 classical music concerts (both by the New York Philharmonic); and, 4 baseball games out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

The highlight of the month was the awesome 4 nights Sandy Mullon of Anna Maria, FL, was with me in PHC and our time(s) together with: John Scott Reed @ FacebookNY; Dian Crystal aka My Lady, Marty Kosarik aka Whatever and his boyfriend Robert @ Meske; and, lunch in the Upper Westside with my friends Lenny Gordon and his wife Marie Taylor.

Other highlights were: my sister Ann Parker's 77th birthday; the 34th birthday of my oldest grandson Alex Falletta aka Army Guy: and, the “surprise birthday party” My Lady and I gave Marty on September 8th.

During the month I posted almost daily on my Facebook Timeline and 26 times on my blog, which had 4,521 page views during the month.

I walked 130.33 miles, for an average of 4.34 miles per day, as recorded on my WeightWatchers Pedometer. Remember, your favorite blogger is not in, nor does he need to be in, the WeightWatchers program. His weight remains at 162 lbs

Rather unusual ... I stayed in the cozy confines of PHC a total of 8 days/nights without attending some entertainment event, almost totally the result of baseball and/or college football. I did, however, record 6 entertainment doubleheaders during the month.

The month also recorded 4 years since my dear friend and fraternity brother J. Papa Hall left us and 11 years since I lost Ray Coker of Lakeland, FL. They remain in my constant thoughts.

So,  there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... IMHO ... not bad for an 80yr old guy ... but then ...

I report - you decide.

Now ... moving on to tonight’s entertainment event ... a Broadway show ...

8:00==>ON THE TOWN - “This revival of the Leonard Bernstein, Comden and Green, musical tells the story of three sailors on 24-hour shore leave eager to experience all that the Big Apple has to offer... including a chance to discover love with the girl of their dreams.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

This show, in previews, has the largest orchestra currently playing on Broadway and features “breathtaking” dancing inspired by the original Jerome Robbins choreography. The advance buzz has been very favorable.

It is playing at The Lyric Theatre on West 42nd Street, opens on October 16th, has a running time of 2:25, with intermission, and is an open run.

I am really looking forward to seeing this show even though I know my discounted seat is gonna be in the upper nosebleed section.

Moving on some more ...

Last night your favorite blogger stayed in to watch baseball, the AL Division Series ...

5:30==>Tigers @ Orioles, Game 1, won by the Orioles 12-3 on an 8-run 8th inning outburst.

9:00==>Royals @ Angels, Game 1, won by The Royals 3-2 in 11 innings on a homer from Mike Moustakas. 

Both games were very exciting to watch.

The NL Division Series gets underway today.

The scheduling is much too complex and convoluted to put in this blog, so if you are interested, just go online to MLB.com or check your local newspapers.

In closing ... yesterday was an excellent walking day with the mileage from my doctor’s appointment in the Upper Eastside and then my usual walking regimen during the two baseball games.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.17 miles (or, 11,300 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,119.56 miles (average 4.07 miles per day)

GO GATORS!! 

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: