Thursday, August 20, 2015

Updates - Yet Another Scan - Ricki and the Flash - Heathers the Musical


Thursday==>It is yet another hot and humid afternoon here in Winter Park in the Sunshine State. Yep, at 1:30pm it is 90º with the “feels like” index up to 103º. And, of course, we have rain in the forecast for the afternoon and into the evening.

All of this means that your favorite blogger has decided he will remain in the cool and comfortable confines of his new apartment to watch baseball ... oh yes ... baseball ... first, during the afternoon, will be the Little League World Series and then, for the evening, it will be ... tada ...

7:05pm==>YANKEES vs. CLEVELAND from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, in the first game of a 4-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (67-52) will be Ivan Nova (5-4) vs. Josh Tomlin (0-1) for the Indians (55-64).

Last night the Yankees won a thriller over the Twins, 4-3, on two 2-run HRs from rookie first baseman Greg Bird. AWESOME!! 

We now lead the AL East by 2 games over Toronto.

Now, moving on ... or perhaps ... backward ...

I didn’t post yesterday because during the afternoon I had yet another scan at Winter Park Memorial Hospital. This time it was a NM Renal Scan of my pelvic area and it was very uncomfortable, to put it mildly.

I was first injected with a radioactive substance for the first part of the scan that took about 30 minutes. Then I was injected with a diuretic that ultimately caused me to have to piss about every 15 minutes. The second part also took 30 minutes.

I Ubered to and from the hospital. On the ride back to the apartment I had to go so badly that the driver pulled off the street into a parking lot so I would piss behind a tree. Luckily I wasn’t arrested. Totally gross!!

I wasn’t in the best of spirits when I finally got back to the apartment. I certainly wasn’t in the mood to work on this blog.

I considered canceling my entertainment plans for the evening, a movie with Dottie Harris and my friend Carol Powella Barnes, but, luckily the effects of the diuretic were diminishing ... so ... 

Dottie, Carol and I saw this movie at the Regal, in Winter Park Village ...

7:10pm==>RICKI AND THE FLASH - “Three-time Academy Award winner Meryl Streep stars as Ricki, a guitar heroine who gave up everything for her dream of rock-and-roll stardom, but is now returning home to make things right with her family.”

We totally enjoyed this show. 

Meryl Streep does an excellent job singing and playing the guitar and conveying the angst from making certain choices in the early part of her life/career. The role of Ricki's suicidal daughter is played by Streep’s real-life daughter, Mamie Gummer, and she is also excellent.

Real rock star Rick Springfield is outstanding as Ricki’s band-mate and love interest.

The storyline is believable and very emotionally involving. It is funny and also poignant.

So ... Billi Pod says==>worth seeing ... and ... guys ... it ain’t a chick-flick, so don’t be worried.

PS: I only had to go twice during the show.

Moving on ...

I now want to give you loyal and faithful readers and followers Billi Pod’s report card on the musical he saw on Tuesday evening ...

HEATHERS, the musical about an unhappy teenager, Veronica, and her rebellious new boyfriend, J.D., who team up to rid their school of its most popular, cruelest and toxic students, The Heathers==>A

This was a totally enjoyable show and it is extremely well-acted by a young cast, headed by Nicole Visco as Veronica and Thomas Sanders as her murderous boyfriend J.D.

I had not seen the movie so it was all “new” to me. It is rude, profane, vulgar and very much in-your-face funny.

I saw a production of it in NYC back on April 8, 2014 and gave it an A.

The house was about 90% full and we were very much into the show, giving the cast a well-earned standing ovation at curtain call.

This show has received excellent reviews, is directed by my friend Kenny Howard, has a running time of 1:40, including intermission, is playing at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and runs through August 23rd.

Billi Pod says==>If you are in the mood for something funny and profane, then this is the show for you, if not ... then stay far far away.

I Ubered to and from the show. The cost for the round trip from Winter Park to Orlando and back was $15.30.

Moving on some more ...

Actually, I haven’t anything else to report other than I still haven’t been in the mood for my usual early morning walk and wander session. Hopefully, I will get back into the proper rhythm soon.

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... you are now up-to-date ... so ... let's ... 

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Tuesday’s mileage==>2.52 miles (or, 5,520 steps)

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.24 miles (or, 7,080 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>948.92 miles (average 4.11 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: