Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Blah Days/Pity Pot - Lunch with Jon Johnson - A WTF Moment - Schedule for the Next 9 Days.


Tuesday==>Good morning my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

Yes, your favorite Sunshine State blogger is alive, but in all honesty, he has to admit that the failure to timely post since Saturday is a result of just plain feeling blah and kinda sitting on the dreaded pity pot.

Not only did I fail to post, I also recorded the lowest walking mileage of 2015:

Saturday==>1.30 miles
Sunday==>1.67 miles

Not good.

This was largely due to my unwillingness to do my usual early morning walk and wander session, which had become pretty much of a routine. I just didn't feel mentally or physically into it.

On a positive note, I did have the usual great Sunday dinner at Outback Steakhouse on Aloma Avenue with my son Bill III aka The Bill.

When I woke up Monday, at the usual time, I again wasn’t in the mood for a morning walk and wander session, so I just walked over to the Publix and got the usual morning papers: The New York Times, The New York Post and The Orlando Sentinel.

I didn’t have breakfast because I had fasting bloodwork scheduled for the morning at 10:45am at Quest Diagnostics in Orlando. I didn’t have time to read all of the papers.

I Ubered to and from Quest. Everything went OK.

When I got back to the apartment I met up with my long time friend and fraternity brother Jon Johnson and we had a terrific lunch at the trendy Park Plaza Gardens on Park Avenue in downtown Winter Park.

I was in somewhat better spirits when Jon dropped me off at the apartment.

I settled in to finish reading the papers and this is when I had one of those WTF moments, as I read my daily horoscope ... and here it is, unedited ...

Taurus (April 21- May 21) - “You will be put to the test this week but you will, of course, pass with flying colors. No matter how big the challenge you are big enough to meet it. You were born to lead and you were born to succeed and you will do both brilliantly.”

WTF!!

I could actually feel the positive vibes returning to my body ... not joking ... I could. Yes, I could also feel the negativity ebbing away too.

I then spent the rest of the day doing my errands and chores list and then setting up a pretty awesome and diverse schedule for the upcoming 9 days.

For the evening I stayed in the cool and comfortable confines of my apartment to watch ...

7:10pm==>YANKEES vs. TWINS @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, in game one of the 3-game series.

Chase Headley hit a bases-loaded grounder in the bottom of the 10th inning, driving home the winning run in a wild 8-7 victory. Our starter, Bryan Mitchell, was hit in the face by a line drive in the second inning, leaving the game with a nasal fracture.

We now lead the AL East by 1-game over Toronto.

A very positive way to end the day.

When I woke up this morning I still wasn't in the mood for the usual walk and wander session, but I knew that I had to post on this blog ... 

So ... I will now share with you my schedule for the upcoming 9 days ...

Tuesday - 7:30pm=>HEATHERS THE MUSICAL - “Based on the classic 1989 film, Westerberg High is ruled by a shoulder-padded, scrunchie-wearing junta: Heather, Heather, and Heather, the hottest and cruelest girls in all of Ohio. But misfit Veronica Sawyer rejects their evil regime for a new boyfriend, the dark and sexy stranger J.D., who plans to put the Heathers in their place -six feet under.”

This show has received excellent reviews, is directed by my friend Kenny Howard, is playing at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and runs through August 23rd.

Wednesday - 1:30pm==>NM Renal Scan at Winter Park Memorial Hospital.

7:10pm==>RICKI AND THE FLASH - “Three-time Academy Award winner Meryl Streep stars as Ricki, a guitar heroine who gave up everything for her dream of rock-and-roll stardom, but is now returning home to make things right with her family.”

I will be seeing this movie with Dottie Harris. It is playing at the Regal Complex in Winter Park Village, just across the street from my apartment.

Thursday - 7:05pm==>YANKEES/CLEVELAND, from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, in game one of the 4-game series.

Friday - 9:30am - appointment with my urologist, Thomas Cangiano.

7:05pm==>YANKEES/CLEVELAND

Saturday - early evening==>dinner at Randy Haag’s house, with The Bill.

Sunday - 1:05pm==>YANKEES/CLEVELAND

Monday - August 24th==>DOG SEES GOD: CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE BLOCKHEAD - “This ‘unauthorized parody’ imagines the characters from Charles M. Schulz’s beloved Peanuts’ characters 10 years later as teenagers. But this is no comic strip as The gang grapples with teenage realities of drug use, suicide, eating disorders, bullying, rebellion, and sexual identity.”

This very well reviewed show is directed by my friend David Lee, is playing at the  Footlight Theatre on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando, and the remaining performances are: 8/22 & 8/24 @ 7:30pm.

Tuesday - 7:05pm==>YANKEES/HOUSTON from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, in game 2 of the 3-game series.

Wednesday - 3:15pm==>appointment with my oncologist, Raul Castillo, who is part of the Cancer Institute of Florida, Florida Hospital Medical Group, at his office in Altamonte Springs.

Bill will be with me for this appointment as we, hopefully, develop a plan to KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, there you have it. 

Thanks for your patience, love and understanding.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Saturday’s mileage==>1.30 miles (or, 2,852 steps)

Sunday’s mileage==>1.67 miles (or, 3,663 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>23.90 miles (average 3.41 miles per day)

Monday’s mileage==>3.54 miles (or, 7,746 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>943.16 miles (average 4.12 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seems to me you are more than entitled to the occasional pity party! Enjoy your theater dates, the cool confines of your comfy apartment and take it day by day! You have lots and lots of support from your many friends. Isn't it funny how something out of left field, like the horoscope, can change things?