Thursday, August 27, 2015

Medical Update - Lunch With Linda Goshorn


Thursday==>OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... I know this posting is delayed and that I didn’t post yesterday ... but ... now your favorite Sunshine State blogger will bring you up-to-date ... starting with ... 

I won’t bore you with all of the details about yesterday’s appointment with my new oncologist, Raul Castilla, with the Cancer Institute of Florida, other than to say that I liked him even though we had over an hour wait before he saw us. By us I mean, of course,  me and The Bill. Oh well ...

Bottom line==>he wants to do one more test, a biopsy of one of the enlarged lymph nodes in my pelvis, before he makes his complete evaluation and recommendation(s) on how we will, together, KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

I am waiting for a call from Winter Park Memorial Hospital to schedule the procedure and I will, of course, keep you loyal and faithful readers and followers up-to-date.

When I got back to the apartment I just wasn’t in the mood to try to write on this blog ... I hope you understand and forgive the delay.

I spent the remainder of the day/evening in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching baseball, the Little League World Series and then various MLB teams.

So ... let’s move on to today.

This morning my dear dear friend Linda Goshorn drove down from Gainesville and we had a terrific lunch at a great French restaurant, Cafe d’France, on Park Avenue in Winter Park.

The food was awesome and we had a great time doing some much needed catching up. 

As many of you know, Linda was married to retired 5th District Court of Appeals Judge Gil Goshorn, who left us much too soon, almost 5 years ago. 

So ... Linda==>thanks for coming down, thanks for lunch and ... seeya again soon!

Moving on ... 

It is 3:00pm and ... guess what ... it is raining ... what a major surprise ... NOT!!

My plans for the remainder of the day and evening will be ... tada ... drum roll ...

To remain in the cool and comfortable confines on my apartment and watch some baseball ... the Little League World Series and then MLB. 

The Yankees, thankfully, have the day off before they begin a 3-game series against the Braves in Atlanta.

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Tuesday’s mileage==>4.37 miles (or, 9,553 steps)

Yesterday’s mileage==>2.01 miles (or, 4,411 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>969.70 miles (average 4.07 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: