Saturday, August 22, 2015

Medical Update - The Yankees - Billi Pod’s Thoughts


Saturday==>We will begin today’s posting with an update on your favorite blogger’s appointment yesterday with his urologist, Thomas Cangiano, at his office up in Altamonte Springs.

I Ubered up to his office for my 9:30am appointment. Maddeningly, I didn’t get to see him until almost 11:00am. He was very apologetic about the delay.

He had the results of the renal scan done on Wednesday the 19th, which he explained to me in detail.

In summary==>not good news because my right kidney is only 15% functional due to blockage from infected lymph nodes and the enlarged prostate. The left kidney is fine.

I was given the choice ... in his words ... save it or let it die?

No fucking way was I gonna let a critical organ die ... so ... I said let’s try to save it.

This will be done in a couple of weeks as an outpatient procedure performed at a hospital in Altamonte Springs. I will be sedated and then a tube will be inserted into my urethra and the doctor will attempt to free the vessel from the clutches of the infected node(s) and enlarged prostate. 

So ... that is the update.

When I got back to the apartment, again via Uber, I felt totally emotionally drained for some reason. I wasn’t in the mood to post on this blog. I lay down on the couch and slept for almost 2 hours. Yep, Billi Pod napped for almost 2 hours. WTF?

Was awakened by the sound of the usual afternoon thunderstorm.

The remainder of the day and evening was spent in front of my 42” flat screen watching baseball ... first the Little League World Series ... and then ...

The Yankees/Cleveland game from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, the second game of the 4-game series.

Well, the Yankees lost 7-3 in a game they never were really in because the Indians pitcher, Carlos Carrasco, and the bullpen basically shut down our bats. 

We now lead Toronto by only a half game.

This afternoon at 1:05pm is the 3rd game. On the mound for the Yankees (67-54) will be rookie Luis Severino (0-2) vs. Danny Salazar (11-6) for the Indians (57-64). 

Billi Pod will, of course, remain in the cool and comfortable confines of his apartment to watch the game.

Then, around 6:00pm, my son, Bill III aka The Bill, will pick me up and we will head over to Randy Haag’s house for grilled steaks and lots of other stuff. Really looking forward to this.

In closing ... some random thoughts and comments on what is happening inside Billi Pod's head, at the moment ... 

Well, first of all I have had to admit to my inner self that I am indeed growing old. 

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, this is really difficult for someone with the Peter Pan Syndrome, coupled with a mighty denial system. But==>81 is old. There, I’ve said it.

When I force myself to look into the mirror in the bathroom after I get out of the shower I see this scrawny skeleton of a person staring me back. Who the fuck is that?

This person: is down to 148 lbs; has prostate cancer that has metastasized; is in danger of losing a kidney; has A-Fib; has virtually lost his vision in his left eye; and, his hearing is so bad that he has hearing aids in both ears.

Then ... Thank You Higher Power ... my sanity kicks in and I tell myself ... FUCK THIS ... you are alive ... mobile ... energetic ... mentally alert ... and supported by family and friends ... so ... together let’s ...

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

and move on, Billi Pod ... just keep moving on ... one day at a time!

So==>HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Thursday’s mileage==>2.54 miles (or, 5,551 steps)

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.70 miles (or, 5,917 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>948.92 miles (average 4.10 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: