Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Frustrating Monday - Mostly Mozart Festival - The Yankees


Tuesday==>Man, Monday was a very frustrating day for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

First, getting the blood-work done in preparation for the upcoming appointment with my urologist took twice as long as it usually does. Won’t bore you with the details.

Then, when I got back to the apartment I began the process of updating my payment information to various businesses as a result of the out-of-the-blue decision by Chase Bank to switch from Master Card to Visa.

It took forever for me just to activate my new Visa card and then the notification process, via phone and online, was snail-like slow, especially by phone. It seemed that I spoke with the same Mid-Eastern guy, Raj Patel, each time.

If I hear “Your call means a lot to us, so please stay on the line” one more time I think I will puke.

I had 15 businesses to contact and I made it through 10, then I became too frustrated to continue. Will take care of the rest later on in the week.

On reflection, I should have told Chase to shove-it and used my other credit cards. Oh well ...

I also worked on some of the to-do list on my weekly errands and chores list and had a decent walk and wander session in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

Then ... when nothing of any interest showed up on my ticket services I stayed in to watch game one of the YANKEE /DETROIT series, details below.

Let’s move on to today ...

As I am writing this posting I am also online hoping to score tickets to The Jimmy Fallon Show

A new batch of tickets will be released at 11:30am. I am working in conjunction with Dian Crystal and Marty Kosarik, so ... hopefully ... one of us will be able to score tickets.

This afternoon at 1:15pm I have a routine appointment with my eye doctor, Dina Weintraub, at her Midtown East office. 

My entertainment event for this evening is a classical music concert ...

8:00==>MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is:
Mozart - Symphony No. 38 (“Prague”);
Mozart - Violin Concerto No. 1, performed by Christian Tetzlaff;
Haydn - Overture to L’isola disabitata; and,
Schnittke (who??) - Moz-Art ala Haydn
(discounted TDF ticket)

I am really in the mood for some classical music.

When the concert is over I will walk back to PHC, weather permitting, while listening to the final innings of the Yankee game.

Moving on ...

Now ... on the sports scene ... once again ... for you Marty ...

Last night out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, The Yankees (58-53) got another excellent outing from Brandon McCarthy as we defeated Detroit (61-48), and the 2013 Cy Young winner Max Scherzer, by a score of 2-1

Tonight at 7:05pm is game 2 of the 4-game series. On the mound for The Yankees will be Hiroki Kuroda (7-7) vs. the 2012 Cy Young winner David Price (11-8), who was traded by The Rays last week.

In closing ... yesterday turned out to be an excellent walking day.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.32 miles (or, 11,635 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>849.85 miles (average 3.93 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: