Friday, August 8, 2014

7.18 Miles - The Last Meeting of the Knights of the White Magnolia - Yankees



Friday==>Yesterday was a pretty amazing day for your favorite blogger even though his entertainment event for the evening didn’t live up to his expectations ... so let’s started with the very positive things ...

When it reached midnight last night I had recorded 7.18 miles on my WeightWatcher’s Pedometer. Remember, I am not in, nor do I need to be in, the WeightWatcher’s program. The Pedometer was a gift to me from Dian Crystal aka My Lady.

How did Billi Pod accumulate this mileage I know many of you are anxiously asking each other and your inner selves? Well ... each other and inner selves ... it went down like this ...

First, I did my usual Baseball Walking Regimen during the afternoon YANKEES/DETROIT game, followed by some Little League games, meaning, I walk around the apartment between each 1/2 inning of the game(s).

Then I had the walk to and back from the Port Authority subway station for my evening’s show.

My show for the evening was at a venue on West 86th Street. The weather was great so I got there about 90 minutes early so I could have a walk and wander session in the UWS area, which amounted to almost 3-miles.

When the show was over I opted to skip the 86th Street subway station. Instead, I walked down to the 66th Street station.

So ... as I said above ... at midnight I had recorded 7.18 miles ... not bad ... not bad at all ...

But, dammit==>My Lady also reported a stellar walking day wherein she recorded 9.8 miles ... she always wins ... dammit!!

Oh, well ... moving on ...

As I reported ... Billi Pod stayed in during the afternoon to watch the YANKEES/DETROIT game, which was really exciting ...

Rookie Shane Green (3-1) pitched a gem, shutting out The Tigers over innings, giving up only hits. The Yankees (60-54) won this nail-biter 1-0, to take 3 of the 4 games against The Tigers (62-50) who started the last three Cy Young Award winners. Nice!!

Then for the evening ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event, the Off Broadway show ...

A TEXAS TRILOGY - THE LAST MEETING OF THE KNIGHTS OF THE WHITE MAGNOLIA, about the death throes of an outdated southern fraternal order and it’s “good ol’ boys,” set in 1962 in rural Texas==>C

I had deep concerns about this show going in and I wasn’t mistaken. It just didn’t work for me because the story line seemed to be contrived and unbelievable and the characters uniformly unlikeable as they scream, yell and cuss at one another nonstop for 80 painfully slow minutes. This mess wasn’t helped by an overly-loud AC unit that was very distracting.

Now, the cast does its best with the material given to them and that keeps it from getting an even lower grade.

Billi Pod says==>you are hereby warned.

The show is playing in repertory with the other two plays of A Texas Trilogy at McAlpin Hall in the West Park Presbyterian Church on West 86th Street, has a running time of 1:20, without intermission, and the remaining performance dates for this show are: Friday, August 8 @ 8:00; Saturday, August 9 @ 8:00; Wednesday, August 13 @ 8:00.

As I reported yesterday, I have $9.00 TDF tickets to the other two shows in the trilogy. Right now I am undecided if I am going to show up for them on Sunday night and Monday night. Stay tuned.

Anyway ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... the walking mileage and The Yankee 1-0 win made it an excellent day for your favorite blogger even though the play fell short of his expectations.

Moving on to tonight’s scheduled entertainment event ... tada ... more baseball ...

7:05==>YANKEES vs. CLEVELAND out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.

This is a special offering from one of my ticket services. The reduced ticket price is only $15.00, including service fee, so I am confident it will be in the upper nosebleed section of the stadium. Once the game starts I will try to sneak into a better seat location.

This is the first game of a 3-game series. On the mound for The Yankees (60-54) will be recently acquired Esmil Rogers (1-0) vs. Trevor Bauer (4-6) for The Indians (57-58).

Oh, forgot to report ... it is a beautiful day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and the forecast for the weekend is for more good weather ... so ...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>7.18 miles (or, 15,695 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>867.19 miles (average 3.96 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: