Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Eye Doctor - Mostly Mozart - Yankees


Wednesday==>Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the boondocks, wastelands and hinterlands.

I am happy to report that my “routine” appointment with my eye doctor, Dina Weintraub, went as well as could be expected considering that your favorite blogger has serious glaucoma issues in both eyes. These “routine” appointments are to monitor the pressure levels in each eye and to adjust my eye drops if necessary.

The whole thing took a bit longer because of lots of drops and picture-taking. Thank goodness she didn’t have me do the hated “field-of-vision” test this time. God, I hate that test as does everyone who has ever done it.

When my appointment was over I walked back to the apartment. Her office is on 49th Street near lst Avenue, so it is almost 2-miles back to my Hell’s Kitchen pad. My vision was totally blurred due to the drops, plus looking directly into the sun ... kinda spooky to tell the truth.

When I got back to the apartment I suddenly felt drained, so I took an hour-long nap and when I woke up my vision was back to “normal” and your favorite blogger felt fine.

Had the usual fruit and cheese plate and then it was time to head up to Lincoln Center for my evening’s entertainment event ... a classical music concert ...

MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program was:
Mozart - Symphony No. 38 (“Prague”);
Mozart - Violin Concerto No. 1, performed by Christian Tetzlaff;
Haydn - Overture to L’isola disabitata; and,
Schnittke (who??) - Moz-Art ala Haydn

This was a terrific concert and just what I needed.

Christian Tetzlaff's performance of Mozart’s Violin Concert No. 1 was stellar. In response to the roaring round of applause, he gave us an encore performance of another Mozart work, which also received a roaring round of applause.

My discounted TDF seat was excellent, in the center orchestra area about 3/4s back from the stage.

Yeah, I left Avery Fisher Hall with a big smile on my face.

The weather was excellent so I walked back to the apartment while listening to the final innings of the YANKEE/DETROIT game, details below.

This mileage made the day a great walking day with 6.13 miles recorded on my Pedometer ... not bad ... not bad at all ...

Moving on ...

In yesterday’s posting I reported that Dian Crystal aka My Lady, Marty Kosarik aka Whatever and I were attempting to score tickets to The Jimmy Fallon show and that a new block of seats were to be released at 11:30am.

We were online in advance of the 11:30am time, but ... DAMMIT ... we were unable to get tickets for any of the newly released September performance dates.

Oh well ... we will keep trying.

Moving on to today’s entertainment event ...

7:05==>YANKEES/DETROIT out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built. (season ticket package)

This is game 3 of the 4-game series. On the mound for The Bronx Bombers (58-54) will be Chris Capuano (1-2) vs. Justin Verlander (10-9) for The Tigers (62-48)

This will be the third consecutive Cy Young winning pitcher we have faced in this series.

Last night The Yankees lost to The Tigers 4-3 in 12-innings, in a game we should/could have won. It also marked the return of Joba Chamberlain to The Bronx. 

He was booed when he took the mound in the 9th inning and exited to even more when he hit Derek Jeter in the 10th. No one believes that it was intentional since Joba is a huge Jeter fan.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, you are now up-to-date.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.13 miles (or, 13,406 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>855.98 miles (average 3.93 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: