Wednesday, September 7, 2011

YANKEES/ORIOLES last night==>BIZARRE!!

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers.


Well, I am going to use the word BIZARRE to describe yesterday’s YANKEES/ORIOLES game. What am I talking about many of you are no doubt breathlessly asking yourselves ...


Although I posted the details on my FaceBook Wall I know that many of you loyal and faithful readers are not FaceBookers, so ... Billi Pod will give you all of the details here ...


When 6:00pm arrived and it was time to head to the subway for the ride to The Bronx for the 7:05pm game time it was heavily raining in Manhattan. Billi Pod had a gut feeling that the game would ultimately be postponed even though “they” had issued a statement that ... “every effort would be made to get the game in.” Since the season is almost over, potential makeup dates are almost gone.

I took a deep breath and decided that I would remain in the cozy confines of PHC and as time ran on this seemed like a very good decision.


Well, to make a much too long story somewhat shorter ... I was shocked when around 10:30pm there was an announcement that the game would begin at 11:00pm.


Now, honestly, I have to admit that had I gone out to the stadium, by the time the 10:30pm announcement was made Billi Pod would have been long gone. I am sure he would have left by 9:30.


The ground crew took the tarp off even though it was lightly raining and the first pitch was at 11:08pm, meaning, a 4 hour ... yes ... a 4 hour rain delay.

Once the game got underway it began to rain a bit harder and it continued to rain for the entire game. The ground crew came out many times to work on the infield and pitcher’s mound.


The Yankees ultimately won 5-3 and the final out was made at 2:15am. It was still raining. It was reported that less than 2,000 fans were still in the stadium.


Folks, it is a miracle that no one was hurt. I have to give The Orioles credit. They didn’t cave. They played a very good game and appeared to be giving 100%. They hate The Yankees.


It is my understanding that the decision to play in these horrible conditions was not up to the teams but was solely the decision of Major League Baseball.


On a very positive side==>Yankee management announced that ticket holders for last night’s game may get an exchange ticket for a free game later. Nice!!


But, the whole thing was BIZARRE==>4 hour rain delay, first pitch @ 11:08pm, steady rain during game, final out at 2:15am and next game at 1:05pm. BIZARRE!!


And this leads to today ...


1:05==>YANKEES/ORIOLES with AJ Burnett aka Loser Boi on the mound, and, of course, I will be there. My seat for this game will be in a somewhat protected area.


It is 10:30am and it is gray, ugly and lightly raining in Manhattan. Trust me, if they played a game last night, they will play this game regardless of the conditions and regardless of how long they will have to wait.


Will Billi Pod brave the elements this time and head out to The Stadium? YES!!


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-14

No comments: