Monday, September 12, 2011

Billi Pod Reports On September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011 was a very somber and reflective occasion here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


When I went to bed at the usual 2:00am on Sunday morning I set my alarm clock for 8:00am just to be certain that I would be up when the ceremonies down at Ground Zero began, especially the moment of silence at 8:46am, which was the time that the first airplane struck.


I watched all of the ceremonies until it was time to head out to Brooklyn for my scheduled facetime with John Scott Reed. I left PHC at 12:30pm.


On my walk to the Port Authority Bus Terminal I noted the sparse foot traffic and how quiet it seemed. There was no horn blowing.


A very very heavy security presence in and around the Port Authority.


Admission==>in my backpack was a week’s worth of my meds, including all of my eye drops.


Everything went OK, of course.


Had a great time with Scott. I like his new pad and ‘hood. We spent some time on the roof deck of his building and then he took me on a walking tour of his ‘hood.


We had a nice lunch/brunch at a Cobble Hill restaurant named Char No. 4.


I left Scott around 4:00pm and subwayed back to PHC in time to change clothes and then head down to the Gramercy area to meet my theater buddy Dian Crystal for our entertainment event for the evening, which was ...


A BLUE SKY LIKE NO OTHER. This was a tribute to the fallen fire department reponders, told from the perspective of the performer, whose office was located several blocks South of The World Trade Center.


It was poignant and very well performed. Thanks Dian for the invite.


When the show was over we had a great meal at Mollys Pub, a Gramercy area staple.


When I left the Port Authority around 10:30pm I was again struck at how quiet it was and that a somber feeling was still everywhere. Trust me ... I am trying not to be overly dramatic ... this is just how I felt it was.


I have to admit that I was pretty tired when I crashed last night at the usual 2:00am. It certainly helped that I was able to spend the day with friends who also shared my sadness and latent anger over the tragedy of 9/11/01 and its aftermath. Thanks Scott and Dian.


Also, thanks to everyone for all of the emails, texts and posts regarding my 9/11/01 email posting. Frankly, I was amazed at the number of responses and page views I got.


OK, folks ... now it is time for Billi Pod to move on to other things and stuff ... like ...


Billi Pod’s report cards on shows he saw for his entertainment doubleheader on Saturday night ...

SWEET AND SAD==>B<==would have gotten a higher grade except for the staging that had the actors speaking important dialogue while their backs were turned to large portions of the audience. It is staged in the 3/4s round (if that makes any sense to you). I was on the side only 3 rows back and I had difficulty hearing. I wasn’t the only one having problems because I was privy to a lot of bitching after the show.


Also, It is almost 2 hours without intermission. I agree with the lack of intermission, but it needs to be cut back to not more than 1:45.


Then later that night was ...


SILENCE! THE MUSICAL==>A+<==it was as raunchy, campy and profane as advertised, and then some. OMFG!


I can’t remember having as much fun at a show. The sold-out house was roaring from beginning to end. I mean, what’s not to like in a show that has Hannibal Lecter singing the following wistful ballad as he thinks about Agent Starling ... PROFANITY ALERT! PROFANITY ALERT! DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE PRUDISH AND/OR OVERLY SENSITIVE ....


“If I Could Smell Her Cunt.”


Yes, my loyal and faithful readers out there in the vast hinterlands, that is the correct title of the ballad and it pretty much reflects the theme of the show.


I loved it. Will see it again and Billi Pod highly recommends it if, and only if, you are in the mood to laugh and laugh and gasp and then laugh some more.


You are welcum!!

Moving on ... yes ... yes ... I know ... many of you are wondering about the lack of postings regarding The Yankees.


Well, Billi Pod has no excuse ... he just hasn’t felt in the mood to opine on their lackluster performances on this critical road trip.


They lost 4 straight games they should/ have could/have won. In doing so they lost an opportunity to effectively bury The Boston FuckSox, who are on a 5-game losing streak.


The main problem has been a lack of clutch hitting from their injury depleted roster. Yes, we do lead the AL East by 3 1/2 games (4 in the loss column) over the FuckSox, but ... folks ... we got lots of problems, with the age of our starting lineup beginning to take its toll.


The FuckSox have a lot to worry about too since they now lead Tampa Bay in the Wild Card race by only 3 1/2 games.


Tonight The Yankees begin a 3 game series in Seattle and Phil Hughes will be on the mound for the Bronx Bombers.


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is ...


8:00==>FOURTEEN FLIGHTS - “Two commercial pilots are on the brink of madness.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)


This show is part of the Fringe Festival Encore Series. I know ... it does sound kinda iffy, doesn't it.


Billi Pod will close this overly long posting with ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO==>ALEX FALLETTA aka Army Guy. This is #31. We love you. Be safe.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-19

No comments: