Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MO GETS SAVE #602==>AWESOME!!

As most of you now know, yesterday afternoon Mariano Rivera got his record setting 602nd career save as the Yankees won 6-4 over The Twins.


The win was accomplished despite another bizarre outing from AJ Burnett aka Loser Boi who couldn’t get through the 5th inning because he was about to blow a 5 run lead. He gave up 4 runs. He seemed to be pissed when he was taken out of the game because he later told the press that he hadn’t finished the 5th inning because he “wasn’t given the opportunity to finish it.”


You weren’t given the “opportunity” asshole because you imploded once again.


Note to Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman==>this loser cannot ... repeat ... cannot be trusted in the post season.


More about the game ... this was a makeup for a game rained out in April. My ticket was free because I had used a voucher given as a part of my season ticket package. As reported yesterday, my seat was in the upper tier, in the sun. Long story short, because it was a Monday afternoon makeup game, there were lots and lots of empty seats in my usual area. After the first inning I was able to move down to my usual seat because the “gatekeeper” recognizes me as a season ticket holder. That was nice.


It was very exciting being in the stadium for this historic event. As you may remember, Billi Pod was also present when Derek Jeter got his 3,000th hit, earlier in the season. Yes, these two events really were important to a baseball nut like moi.

Getting to the game, though, was nightmarish at best. What am I talking about you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, let’s start off with ...


When I got to the subway station in The Port Authority Terminal I discovered that an upper westside water main break had taken the A, B & D lines out of service.


Damn ... but I still had an alternative. I walked over to the Broadway/42nd Street station and took the shuttle train to Grand Central Station where I got on the 4 train, an express train that goes directly to Yankee Stadium in The Bronx. The train was packed.


When we stopped at the 86th Street station, the doors remained open and we began to wonder what the f**k was going on. After about 10 minutes, as the jam-packed crowd was getting really antsy, there came an announcement that the delay was because a passenger needed “medical help.” WTF?


We were told to exit the train, which we did. The station was packed. The doors to the train were closed. Then came an announcement that the train had been taken out of service, and the empty train slowly started moving out of the station. WTF?


In about 5 minutes a 5 train arrived. It doesn’t go to the stadium. I would guess that about 1/3 of the crowd got on it even though people, like me, were saying ... no no, don’t do it, don’t do it ... Most of them disregarded our warnings and away the 5 train went. Bad mistake.


5 minutes later a jammed 4 train arrived and the rest of us shoved our way into the already stuffed cars. It wasn’t pleasant and that is putting it mildly.


We arrived at the stadium 5 minutes before game time, meaning a trip that should have taken about 30 minutes took about an hour and 15 minutes. Oh well ... at least I was there for the game, which turned out to be historic.


Yeah ... yeah ... I know ... much too long and who cares ... but Billi Pod just needed to get it out of his system. He is still wondering why they took the train out of service rather than taking the person out of the subway at 86th Street??? Oh well ... they did ... so ...


Last night I stayed in. I alternated watching the Giants/Rams game and the second of the FuckSox/Orioles game.


In the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod has to admit that he also watched the season opener of “TWO AND A-HALF MEN.” This was the first time I had ever, and I mean ever, watched it, so some of the in-jokes went over my head.


This posting is being written at around 3:00pm, a bit later than usual because this morning Billi Pod had a routine appointment with his eye doctor, whose office is on East 49th Street, between lst and 2nd Avenues, about 4 blocks from The United Nations Building.


The appointment, and outcome, was routine, but getting there wasn’t routine because that part of Manhattan was in a virtual lock-down because of The President’s presence at the UN, along with other heads-of-state.


I won't bore you any more with the details except to say that the police presence was very very heavy and they were obviously not very happy about things.


Oh, and it was lightly raining too.

My doctor is Dina B. Weintraub, an ophthalmologist, and I have been seeing her for about 8 years. My last appointment was 6 months ago, so I was surprised to learn today that she is expecting twins, a boy and a girl, in about 6 weeks. She expects to be able to continue with her practice.


She reads this blog, so==>CONGRATULATIONS GO OUT TO YOU DR. W. SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR PARTNER.


Billi Pod’s entertainment event is, of course ...


7:05==>YANKEES/TAMPA BAY @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.


Rookie Ivan Nova will be on the mound for The Bronx Bombers. Billi Pod will be in his usual seat for this game.


Oh, and, of course, the weather is going to be iffy. Trust me ... they will play this game in all conditions short of a category 5 hurricane.


Wow!! What a boring posting ... sorry ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-27

No comments: