Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Monday Was A Blah Day

OK ... OK ... in the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod must admit that Monday was a blah day for him here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


What do I mean, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... here it is ...


As you know, Monday is usually my errands day, so after posting to this blog I began my chores, the details of which I won’t bore you with. For whatever reason they took longer than usual and were each totally boring.


I was finished with them around 5:00pm and was contemplating when I would head out to the movie theater to see my film-of-choice MONEY BALL, starring Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill, when ...

The Baseball Gods took over and I ditched those plans and opted to stay in ... yes ... there, I said it ... stay in ... to watch the YANKEES/RAYS game and The Boston FuckSox/Orioles game. So for the evening Billi Pod was on the couch with the remote, alternating between the two games.


Had really strange feelings during the Yankee game. I want the FuckSox to disappear, of course, but to accomplish this the Rays have to win at least 2 of the 3 games against us ... see my problem ...


I HATE the FuckSox. I hope they never win another game ... ever ... but ... how can I pull for a team to beat my Yankees? I mean ... how can a dyed-in-the-wool Yankees fan want his team to lose, regardless of the situation?


Well, as you loyal and faithful readers know, we fielded a semi-triple-A roster and ended up losing 5-2 to The Rays, who got an excellent outing from their star pitcher James Shields. The Orioles kicked the FuckSox in the butt by winning 6-3 and beating the FuckSox ace Josh Beckett. Nice.


This means that the Rays and the FuckSox are tied for the Wild Card berth in the play-offs.


But, when it was all over==>Billi Pod had a bad case of the blahs because of all of the wasted time in front of the tube and his mixed emotions about who should win etc etc etc ... oh well ...


Luckily things get back in order today because Billi Pod’s entertainment event is ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The concert will be Mahler’s Symphony No. 2. (“Resurrection”) with soloists and The New York Choral Artists (season subscription series)


This is the first of my 3 subscription series. The symphony performance time is about 90 minutes and there is no late seating, meaning ... you show up late and you miss the entire concert.


As I said, this is the first concert of the season. For the past 8 years I have subscribed to 3 Philharmonic series, each with 7 concerts. As a bonus, I am given a voucher for a free concert for each of the series and that is a big plus. All of my concerts are scheduled for either Tuesday or Wednesday and that works fine for me.


The NY Phil also has a very generous exchange policy, which can be accomplished online - another big plus.


Damn, in rereading this posting I come to the reluctant conclusion that it, too, is blah ... so I better close it out before it gets any worse ...


Sorry ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-34

No comments: