Saturday, September 24, 2011

Friday Was A Total Washout

Good afternoon everyone out there in the vast hinterlands of cyberspace.


Well, my loyal and faithful readers, against my better judgment I went out to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, last night for the Boston FuckSox game. It wasn’t raining in Manhattan so my inner meteorologist told me that the game would be played regardless of the weather.


The Bronx was a totally different matter - it was pouring when I got to the stadium. I got soaked just getting from the subway station to the stadium entrance. Despite this, Billi Pod still thought they would get the game in ... but ...


He was wrong. The game was called around 7:30pm. At least they didn’t make us wait for hours and hours before calling it, as they often do. They announced that the game would be made up on Sunday with a day/night doubleheader, the first game at the scheduled time of 1:05pm and the second at 6:30pm. I already have a ticket to the 1:05pm game as part of my season ticket package, meaning ... Billi Pod will be at both games.


Hummmmm ... a doubleheader on Sunday ... a fitting way to end this home season ... NOT!!


On the crowded subway back into Manhattan I decided that I would see MONEY BALL, the just released Brad Pitt movie. Well, when I got off the subway at 42nd Street and walked in the rain to the movie theater, I found out that all of the evening performance times were sold out ... even the ones at 10:20pm and 11:20pm. Damn!! This was the only show I was interested in seeing.


Friday night was, therefore, a complete entertainment washout for Billi Pod.


Oh well ... came back to PHC and spent the rest of the evening in front of the tube watching baseball and meaningless college football.


The weather today is much better and I am confident the YANKEES/FUCKSOX game at 4:10pm will be played as scheduled.

Billi Pod’s entertainment schedule for today is ...


3:00==>THE LYONS - “Ben Lyons is dying. When his wife, Rita, and grown children gather to say goodbye, they learn that, despite being a family, each of them is utterly isolated. Afraid of closeness and afraid of solitude, they are propelled into foreign territory - human connection.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket).


This play is written by Nicky Silver and the cast is headed by Tony Award winners Linda Lavin and Dick Latessa.


The advance buzz is very favorable so I am looking forward to seeing it.


The show is playing at a theater down in The Union Square area. When it is over, weather permitting, I will walk back to PHC while listening to the YANKEES/FUCKSOX game on my trusty Walkman.

Tonight Billi Pod will stay in and watch ...


7:00==>GATORS vs. KENTUCKY WILDCATS @ Lexington, KY, on ESPN.


At half-time I will grill one of those awesome Allen Brothers steaks that Kathi and John gave to me for my birthday. They are terrific and ... terrifically expensive.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-31

No comments: