Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Exciting Entertainment Doubleheader Coming Up


Tuesday==>You know, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, one of the great things about living in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, is having the opportunity to experience things that are both extraordinary and somewhat different.

What am I talking about I know many of you out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks are asking your inner selves? Well ... inner selves ... this is it ...

Today is Tuesday and your favorite blogger has an entertainment doubleheader scheduled for today, something that very rarely happens on a Tuesday ... so ... why don’t we get started with the details on this rather unique event ... starting with ...

A new musical that is part of the New York Musical Theatre Festival (NYMF) ...

4:30==>CLONED - A Two of a Kind Musical - “1993 - there is a new president in the White House, Jurassic Park is about to tear up the box office, and Wally Waterman is on the verge of inventing the teleporter! But weird science gets weirder when Wally accidentally clones himself. Is NYC big enough for two giant, identical egos? It'll take nothing short of a movie star, international espionage, and a few pigeons to find out.” (NYMF - full price ticket)

This musical sold-out all of its initial performance dates and then scheduled a couple of encore dates. The buzz is excellent. It is playing at the Signature Theatre Complex on West 42nd Street and has a running time of 2:00, with intermission.

When this show is over I will then walk up to 46th Street to pick up my ticket for the second entertainment event, the Off Broadway show ...

8:00==>DROP DEAD PERFECT - “This new comedy follows Idris Seabright, played by the legendary Everett Quinton, a wealthy, eccentric mistress of a Key West cottage who runs her estate with a zany flair. When her beloved ward Vivien decides to abandon the Florida Keys to pursue art in Greenwich Village, and Idris’ lawyer becomes alarmingly interested in her investments, Idris’ life begins its outrageous downward spiral.” (Off Broadway - $10.00 Actor’s Benefit Fund ticket)

This show has its first preview performance tonight, is playing at The Theatre at St. Clement’s on West 46th Street, has a running time of 90 minutes, without intermission, and runs through August 10th.

I hope you will agree that this combination of shows looks to be really interesting and different ... and ... all on a Tuesday ... not bad ... not bad at all ... I am excited.

I know I will be starving when I finally get back to PHC.

So ... let’s now move on with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

BROADWAY RISING STARS @ Town Hall, 19 of the brightest young talent selected from some of the nation’s finest theatrical institutions performed over two dozen show tunes penned by the beloved team of Kander & Ebb==>A

What a totally enjoyable evening! Each of the performers was making his/her New York stage debut and the energy and enthusiasm flowing out into the sold-out house was electric. 

Four songs were performed from KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN, one of my favorite musicals.

The evening was hosted by Scott Siegel and there was a special guest appearance by the legendary performer Bill Irwin.

My comp. seat was also excellent, in the second row of the balcony.

When the show was over we gave the performers a well-deserved roaring, and I mean roaring, standing ovation.

Yes, I left Town Hall with a big smile on my face ... but ... dammit ... it was nasty and raining out and I was soaked when I got back to PHC even though I had remembered to bring my umbrella. Oh well ...

Moving on ...

Even though yesterday was basically a nasty weather day Billi Pod did a pretty good job on his errands and chores list ...

So ... there you have it and ... what? 

Oh, yes ... Marty ... I know that the 2014 All Star Game is tonight at 8:00pm from Target Field in Minneapolis ... but ... sorry ... boring ... and ... I just don’t care ... and ... I have a show that conflicts ... so ... just deal with it ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.57 miles (or, 9,993 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>753.28 miles (average 3.86 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: