Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day-Off==>6.18 Miles???


Thursday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, yesterday was a kinda strange day for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

Yeah ... I would categorize yesterday as basically a “day-off,” but ... seriously ... can a day with walking mileage of 6.18 miles really be classified as a “day-off?”

Here's what I mean ... the day went down like this ...

In the early afternoon I subwayed over to the far Eastside for a routine office appointment with my cardiologist for a “finger-prick” to monitor my Coumadin level. It was OK, as usual.

When I left his office the weather was nice so I decided to walk back to the apartment, which is located at 42nd Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. My doctor’s office is located at 60th Street and York Avenue, about as far East in Midtown Manhattan as you can be.

I leisurely walked back and it felt good even though I was a bit sweaty when I got back to the apartment.

The distance from the doctor's office was recorded at 2.5 miles on my trusty Pedometer. When I factored in the walking mileage getting to his office I had already recorded 3.5 miles for the day. Not bad.

When I got back to the apartment I checked my ticket services and nothing of any interest was available so I showered, had my usual fruit and cheese plate, made a run to the grocery store, taking the long route to log in a additional mile, and then settled in to watch the YANKEES/TEXAS game out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.

Once the game started I did my usual walking routine each 1/2 inning which allows me to record .2 miles per inning.

Well, the game was rain delayed in the bottom of the 5th inning and the game was ultimately called after an almost 2-hour delay. 

The Yankees won 2-1, thanks to the weather and an excellent outing from our starter David Phelps.

During the rain delay and after the game was finally called I watched other baseball games on MLBN and ESPN, doing my walking routine between 1/2 innings of those games.

So ... all of this means that at midnight your favorite blogger had recorded 6.18 miles on his Pedometer. 

Was this a “day-off?”

Well, it is up to you loyal and faithful readers and followers to decide because ...

I report - you decide

Moving on ...

This afternoon at 1:05pm is the final game of the 4-game YANKEES/TEXAS series.

On the mound for The Yankees (52-48) will be Brandon McCarthy (1-0) vs. Colby Lewis (6-7) for The Rangers (40-61).

I will, of course, stay in the comfortable confines of PHC to watch the game.

Then for the evening it will be another production from The New York Musical Theatre Festival (NYMF) ...

9:00==>MOTHER JONES AND THE CHILDREN’S CRUSADE - Thousands of footsteps. One believer. “At the turn of the century an aging Mary Harris ‘Mother’ Jones, ‘the most dangerous woman in America’ is on a tireless crusade for justice as she leads ragged mill children on a march to end child labor. Powerful contemporary anthems deliver an uplifting message of human dignity that transcends time.” (NYMF - discounted ticket)

I have several friends who have seen this show and they liked it a lot.

It is playing at The Signature Theatre Complex on West 42nd Street, has a running time of 2:00, with intermission, and the remaining performance dates are: Friday, July 25th @ 5:00pm and Saturday, July 26th @ 2:00pm.

OK, time to post this and then settle in to watch The Yankee game.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.18 miles (or, 13,508 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>790.16 miles (average 3.87 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: