Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Dian, Scott & Billi Pod


Tuesday==>Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

In yesterday’s report on Billi Pod’s march with the FacebookNY team in the 2014 Gay Pride Parade I made reference to the unexpected meeting with Dian Crystal aka My Lady along the parade route. This is what I said ... 

“Also, about 1/2 way down, at a stop, my friend Dian Crystal aka My Lady was in the crowd. She got my attention and Scott and I went over to give her hugs and kisses. AWESOME!!”

Well, John Scott Reed posted the following picture on Facebook ...
and this is what Dian posted in response, totally unedited ...

“I spotted Bill across the Avenue... I was on the East Side, and he was on the West Side... It was super noisy, and, stupid me starts calling his name... Then, everyone around me started calling his name with me... There was a cop a few feet away, and she asked me which one was Bill... I described him to her, and the next thing I know, she walks over to get him... I thought that was so very sweet of her...”

IMHO it makes the whole event even more AWESOME.

While this was indeed AWESOME, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I must acknowledge to you that Monday was anything but awesome. 

Yeah ... it was a kinda blah day of nothing but my errands and chores list (which was not completed), no evening's entertainment event, and another painful Wankie loss out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.

Actually, the only really positive aspect of the day was good walking mileage, which included a walk and wander session in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood up to 57th Street and back. I did this while listening to the ball game.

The total mileage for the day was 5.05 miles which brought the total for the month of June to 145.49 miles, averaging 4.85 miles per day. Now that’s not bad.

Moving on ... 

Last night The Wankies (41-40) continued to find ways not to win as they lost to the last-place Rays (36-49) 4-3 in 12-innings. With the loss The Wankies, at the halfway point of their season, are a lackluster 41-40, a record that is becoming more and more troubling and frustrating to their fan base.

Tonight’s so-called “entertainment event” for Billi Pod will be a trip out to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, for the 7:05pm game 2 of the 3-game WANKIES/RAYS series.

On the mound for The Wankies will be Hiroki Kuroda (5-5) vs. The Rays titular ace David Price (6-7) who The Rays might trade to reduce their payroll.

Ahem, GM Brian Cashman, we certainly could use Price to bolster our current pitching staff ... jus sayin’.

Will close this out now and try to finish up my errands and chores including my weekly trip to the Food Emporium to take advantage of their additional 5% discount for senior citizens.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.05 miles (or, 11,034 steps)

Total mileage for June==>145.49 miles (average 4.85 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2014==>707.17 miles (average 3.91 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: