Friday, July 4, 2014

CHRISTOPHER FALLETTA (1982-2014) - Updated


Friday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I want to thank everyone who took the time to message, text, post, email and call me regarding the still unfathomable loss of my youngest grandson, Chris Falletta, on Wednesday in Apopka, FL. They all meant so much to me and to other members of Chris’s family.

Yesterday I spent most of the day/evening in an almost comatose mode, in total denial and disbelief over what had happened to my family.

I had a lot of things to do in connection with my plans to head down to Florida. 

Had a show scheduled for the evening but when it came time to head out I just had to admit that I wasn’t mentally or emotionally ready for a show ... so ... I skipped the show, walked around a bit in my ‘hood ... and then spent the rest of the evening in front of TV watching the YANKEES/BREWERS game, which The Yankees won 7-4.

Here are my upcoming plans ... 

Saturday @ 11:30am I will head down to Orlando where I will stay with my son Bill III. That night we will have dinner with friends.

On Sunday we will head down to Lakeland for The Viewing/Visitation scheduled at Gentry-Morrison Funeral Home on South Highway 98, from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. We will then return to Orlando.

Funeral Service will be on Monday @ 10:00am, also at the Gentry-Morrison Funeral Home. Interment will be at Oak Hill Cemetery on 98 South between Lakeland and Highland City.

At the moment I am uncertain just when I will return to New York City.

This is the obituary that appeared in today’s Lakeland Ledger:

CHRISTOPHER
WILLIAM 
FALLETTA, 32

“LAKELAND - Christopher William Falletta, 32 years old, died July 2nd 2014, from an accidental drowning.

Christopher is a Lakeland resident, graduate of George Jenkins High School and the University of Florida with a degree in Agriculture Science. He is an avid fisherman, duck hunter and a devoted Gator fan.

He is survived by his mother Kathryn Bendeck and stepfather Dr. John Bendeck, father David Falletta and stepmother Crystal Falletta, brother Alex Falletta and his wife Gina, sister Kaitlynn Falletta, grandfather Judge William Norris, grandmother Mary Francis Kilgore, nieces Saylor and Finley Falletta.

Visitation is set for Sunday July 6th from 2-4 p.m. at Gentry Morrison Funeral Home, Hwy 98 S, with funeral services on Monday July 7th at 10 a.m. Love ya mean it.”

OK, everyone ... just don’t feel like writing any more ... so ...

REST IN PEACE CHRIS!

Love ya,

Granddaddy

1 comment:

Bruce Payne said...

Big hugs, sir. Our thoughts are with you.

Jack & Bruce