Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Billi Pod Is Back


Wednesday==>When I opened the door to my apartment, PHC, yesterday at 4:30pm I felt pretty much at peace with the World. I was home again in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

The trip back from Orlando went well, starting with an early arrival at the airport, saying goodbye to Bill III aka The Bill, clearing security easily, some major walking around the terminal, on-time departure, good seat with extra leg room, on-time arrival, checked bag arrival and bus ride into Manhattan (saving myself $50).

The whole process represented my attempt to begin the healing process and move forward as I know Chris would want me/us to do.

Yes, the whole time down in Orlando had been emotionally draining, as might be expected.

My son, Bill III aka The Bill, was everything, and more, that one could expect during these difficult times. He basically took care of his 80-year old father while also being actively involved in the family healing process. He and Chris had a very unique bond.

THANK YOU BILL==>LOVE YA - MEAN IT! 

Everything went very well and the services were well organized thanks to the collective efforts of David and Crystal Falletta, Kathi and John Bendeck and Alex and Gina Falletta.

Both the Viewing and the Funeral were very well-attended and filled with loving family and friends, many of whom traveled long distances to say their final goodbyes to Chris.

I was very impressed with the large number of his fraternity brothers who showed up. Chris was an active member of Alpha Gamma Rho (AGR) at The University of Florida.

I want to send a special THANK YOU to==>Linda, Sandy, Tim, Buddy, Nick, Mike, Lance and Jimmy. Your special efforts meant sooooooooo much to me.

After I got unpacked and read some of the collected newspapers I felt the sudden urge to be out and about, so I had a rather nice walk and wander session in my immediate ‘hood. Got some pizza for the evening and then came back and settled in to watch the YANKEES/INDIANS game, details below. I felt the need to be alone.

THANK YOU also to==>Dian, Scott and Ginger for reaching out to me. It meant a lot.

I won’t say that everything is totally OK, but I can say that at least for me, the healing process has begun and I am back ... so ...

Moving on ...

This afternoon I have an entertainment event scheduled, a staged reading of ...

3:00==>A WOMAN ON TOP - “Senator Virginia Stanton has had it all, career, marriage, family, success, and divorce. Reaching toward her ultimate goal, Virginia seeks the Presidential nomination of her party while her ex-husband, Governor George Reitman, runs on the opposing side’s ticket. Who will win this tugging match between Virginia and George and will there be a clear winner?” (staged reading - free ticket)

This is a “Special Industry Reading” and is taking place at The New 42nd Street Studios on West 42nd Street. I was invited to attend by my Facebook friend Zach Laks.

At the moment my entertainment plans for the evening are in flux. I may just stay in and watch the Yankee game ... so stay tuned.

Speaking of The Yankees (45-44) ... last night they lost 5-3 to The Indians (44-45) as our ace Masahiro Tanaka had his second less-than-stellar outing.

Tonight at 7:05pm, from Cleveland, will be the 3rd game of the 4-game series. On the mound for The Yankees will be recently acquired Brandon McCarthy (3-10), making his Yankee debut vs. Josh Tomlin (5-6) for The Indians.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers I have stuff to do ... so will post this after I close with a deep and heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to message, text, post, email, snail-mail, and call. Because of you==>Billi Pod is back.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.95 miles (or, 8,643 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>729.67 miles (average 3.86 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: