Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday==>New York Philharmonic Tonight

It is late afternoon in The Big Apple and Billi Pod is finally getting around to posting on his blog. Why is he so late you are no doubt breathlessly asking?


Well, without going into the boring details I had an appointment with one of my eye docs today and it lasted much longer than I anticipated. The bottom line is, however, very good because both eyes received thumbs up. Yeah!!


So, let me start by giving my report card on HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS-Part 1==>A-<==the mood is very very dark to say the least but the special effects are outstanding. If you are a Harry Potter fan I highly recommend it. If, however, you are not a fan or haven’t kept up with the earlier movies, then you will not have a clue about what is going on. You are warned.


After posting yesterday something “different” came up on one of my ticket services==>YOU ARE NOT ALONE<==a benefit concert at The Church of St. Paul in the Upper Westside. The performance was chaired by Lea DeLaria and featured Betty Buckley, Marc Kudisch, Max von Essen, John Tartaglia, Seth Rudetsky and others.


I immediately snapped up a ticket. It was an excellent program although I have to admit that even Billi Pod got a little squeamish when DeLaria kept spewing forth the f-word from the stage, which was located just in front of the altar. Seemed pretty much out of place to me and the folks seated around me. Oh well ...


Tonight-7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Lincoln Center. The program features violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter who will perform Mozart’s Violin Concertos Nos. 1, 2 and 3. Looking forward to this.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: