Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Congrats To The Giants!!

Major congrats to the GIANTS and their fans for their first World Series Championship in 56 years. It was a very exciting game to watch, and, yes, Billi Pod stayed in to watch it, hoping that the RANGERS would come back from the abyss. Alas, it wasn’t to be. What a pitching dual between Cliff Lee and Tim Lincecum. Lee made one bad pitch and==>WHAM!!<==it was over.


Now the bidding war begins for Lee, who becomes a free agent. Will he come to the Yankees? Truthfully, my gut tells me no, but only time will tell.


You know, it’s gonna be a tough 5 months for Billi Pod as he anxiously awaits the start of the 2011 season, I mean, The Gators season has tanked, and who cares about pro-football and/or basketball ... I mean ... baseball is the national past time and it will be in hiatus for almost 5 months ... oh well ... nuttin Billi Pod can do ‘bout it, so ...


Monday was pretty much a so-so day==>errands and stuff took longer than anticipated and as mentioned above, I stayed in to watch the World Series game.


Tonight’s entertainment event is a Broadway show that has received very good reviews-8:00==>BRIEF ENCOUNTERS-“the romantic journey of an unhappily married woman and a handsome doctor who meet unexpectedly in a train station coffee shop.” This is a part of my Roundabout Theatre subscription series.



Hard to believe that one week from today I will be in Paris with roomie David West.


David has mandated that I read two books prior to my arrival in The City of Smelly People==>“The Longest Day” and “Pegasus Bridge” in preparation for our planned trip to Normandy. More details to come. I am only 1/3 thru "The Longest Day," so I better post this and then do some reading.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”


No comments: