Thursday, November 25, 2010

Billi Pod Says==>HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!


Will post this and then head out to celebrate Turkey Day with some Upper Westside buds then probably settle in for an afternoon/evening of football. Catching a movie, probably DUE DATE, is still an option.


Yesterday, at 11:00am, just as I was heading out the door the phone rang. It was from my liver doc's office, calling to cancel my noon appointment. I am sooooooo glad I was there to take the call because I really would have been pissed if I had gone to her Upper Eastside office to find it closed.


Immediately went online and was able to get a 2:00pm matinee tix for a very funny period comedy called THE COWARD-“set in 18th century England, a cowardly young gentleman initiates a pistol duel and then hires a common criminal to fight in his place. A bloody mess ensues.” I liked it and laughed a lot.


Report card on last night’s BEING SELLERS==>A<==if you have a general knowledge of Sellers’ work. Otherwise, pretty hard to follow as the solo performer slips into and out of dozens of characters.


I really didn’t know that Sellers was such a troubled person, with issues going back to his childhood and his relationship with his vaudevillian Mother.


It is definitely worth seeing and it runs through December 12th.


Gotta post this and head out, so ...


HAVE A GREAT DAY!!


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: