Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday==>rain and gray in The Big Apple


It is rainy and gray in The Big Apple and it is supposed to be like this for the rest of the day and into the evening.


I will take this opportunity to do some more reading in my homework assignment for my upcoming trip to Paris aka "The City of Smelly People."


As expected, the daily papers are full of stories analyzing the election results locally and nationally and, my loyal and faithful readers, there is no way for us Yellow Dog Democrats to put a positive spin on any of it==>it was an ass whuppin’, plain and simple and I am not certain Obama understands the depth of the anger and frustration against all levels of government and against his apparent lack of leadership skills.


How will this translate in 2012 and is he a one-term President? I honestly don’t know the answer to either question. I do not, however, believe the American people, no matter how unhappy we may be, will vote to replace Obama with Palin. Someone else, maybe, Palin==>No.


Moving on ... this is Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday’s entertainment double header:


WINGS==>C<==just didn’t work for me and I think the reason is that I found the story line about the ravishing effects of a stroke to be too difficult for me to process. I think most of the audience had the same reaction since it was a Wednesday matinee (which I hate) and the average age was 60+. Too close to home, I guess.


OFFICE HOURS==>B<==excellent ensemble cast and definitely worth seeing.


Tonight-8:00==>IMAGINING HESCHEL- “Richard Dreyfuss stars in this imagining of a private conversations between Cardinal Augustin Bea and Rabbi Abraham Heschel in 1968. The Pope sent Bea to Heschel to implore him to accept a formal and public apology from the Catholic Church for their silence during the Holocaust and Heschel turned the meetings around lobbying the Pope to formally exonerate the Jews for the death of Christ.” Richard Dreyfuss in a limited Off-Broadway run - WOW!!


Baseball note==>Jeter’s agent’s response to Hal Steinbrenner==>“Clearly, baseball is a business and Derek’s impact on the sport’s most valuable franchise can’t be overstated.” Oh, yes, lines are about to be drawn in the sand.


Billi Pod is in a countdown mode for his upcoming trip to Paris aka “The City of Smelly People.” Many more details in a later posting.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: