Saturday, December 19, 2009

Time Flies - 45 Years Ago

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers. I want to take a moment for just a tiny bit of reflection on just how fast time does fly by in our lives. This morning I was reading the online Saturday edition of my former hometown newspaper, The Polk County Democrat, Bartow, FL, and I came upon this item:

************************

History From Our Files

Compiled from the files of The Democrat by Loyal Frisbie


45 Years Ago


“Allie H. Lane resigned as city attorney to accept appointment as a circuit judge in the Tenth Judicial Circuit. The new city attorney is William A. Norris, Jr.”

*****************************

As an addendum to the above - 10 years into the future, almost to the exact date, there would be a story in the paper about Judge Allie H. Lane resigning as a circuit judge and the appointment of then county judge William A. Norris, Jr. as his replacement.


Wow!! Did this get thoughts whirring through my head. And, yesterday I got an email from a dear friend and colleague, Circuit Judge Gisela Ely-Cardonne, of Miami, commenting on the fact that at the end of the month I will have been retired for 15 years.


Yep, time does indeed pass fast. We need to make the most out of each day. Good things and bad things will happen but all are manageable if taken “One Day At A Time.”


As I write this The Big Apple is preparing for the first snow storm of the season with predictions of up to a foot of snow in Manhattan, beginning in mid-afternoon and into the night. Well, that is what “they” say but it doesn’t look that bad out right now, at noon. As previously posted, I have a show at 3:00 down in the East Village and then a Broadway show at 8:00. Will keep my fingers crossed.


Go Gators!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: