Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Will Not Whine, I Will Not Pout!!

Thank you everyone for the texts, emails and calls in response to my posting regarding the Gator/’Bama game and my pledge that: “I will not whine, I will not pout.”


Homer Hooks of Lakeland, FL, and I have been friends for more years that I care to count. We are both U of Fla. graduates, members of Florida Blue Key, avid Yankee fans and, of course, Gators to our inner core.


I want to share with you a poem that Homer composed in response to my posting ....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++


“I Will Not Whine...,” by Homer Hooks


I will not whine; I will not pout;


The Tide rolled in; the Tide rolled out;


And grabbed the Gator by the snout.


But let no one sneer at us;


We loyal fans of the Orange and Blue,


Know exactly what we have to do;


We’ll make like the Romans at Cincinnattus!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Thank you Homer and ... Go Gators!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: