Tuesday, December 8, 2009

November 2009 - A WOW!! Month

Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers. It is time to give you a report on my activities for the month of November 2009. When I checked the stats for the month I arrived at the conclusion that November was another WOW!! month for Billi Pod entertainment-wise, and once again highlighted the benefits of living in New York City - The Greatest City in The World.


November marked my return to the theater-scene once the baseball season was officially over on November 4th when the Yankees beat the Phillies in game number six of the World Series to win their 27th National Championship in the storied history of the franchise. I have to admit that it felt a bit strange for the season to finally come to a close. Luckily I had an opportunity to get back into my theater modality and I did just that. So, without further ado - here come the numbers.


In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that during the month of November I saw/did/attended the following:


5 Broadway shows (“Race.” “Wishful Drinking,” “After Miss Julie,” "Bye Bye Birdie,” and “The 39 Steps.”); 21 Off-Broadway shows (including a comic show by SNL comic Andy Samberg and a concert of Broadway musical numbers called “Broadway Unplugged.”); 2 New York Philharmonic Orchestra concerts; 1 post-season baseball game; and 2 movies ("The Men Who Stare At Goats” and “Old Dogs”).


The highlight of the month was, of course, being present at the final game of the World Series. I was also able to spend time with out-of-town visitors Bruce Davidson and Tony McCormack of Atlanta, GA, and with student/bartender/manager Scott Reed.


I posted 13 times to this blog.


I spent only 2 nights in Penthouse C without attending some entertainment event either during the day or evening, both having to do with sporting events.


Speaking of sporting events - on November 27th I renewed (and paid for) my 41-game season ticket package, beginning with Opening Day on April 13, 2010, against the Los Angeles Angels and then every other home game for the rest of the home season, ending on September 26, 2010, against the Boston FuckSox. I opted to remain in the same seat location: Main Level, Section 212, Row 5, Seat 17. I will probably buy 9 - 11 additional tickets once they go on sale. As a partial season ticket holder I will have access to single-game tickets before they go on sale to the general public.


So there you have it my loyal and faithful readers. I hope you will agree that November 2009 was a very good month for Billi Pod in The Big Apple.


But, I only report - it is up to you to decide if indeed it was a WOW!! month.


Go Gators!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: