Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday - Game Two

Wednesday was ugly, nasty and rainy. Today, Thank God, is a bright and sunny fall day and I hope and pray that the change in the weather will awaken the dormant bats held in the hands of the over-matched Yankee batters in last night’s embarrassing ass-whipping.


It was as cold and ugly last night as predicted. It lightly rained several times during the game, requiring me to put on and then take off my flaming orange-colored poncho. The first time brought about a lot of pointing and laughs from my seat mates as I inadvertently put my head through one of the arm holes rather than the hoodie-hole. The more I struggled the more tangled up I became. I was finally rescued by the 13 year old boy seated to my right. Nice. And then, to top off the forgettable evening - I left my poncho behind, underneath my seat. Oh well ...


CC pitched a decent game but he was no match for Cliff Lee. CC pitched 7 innings, leaving the game behind 0-2 but then the bullpen imploded, giving up 4 more runs. It wasn’t pretty.


Tonight AJ Burnett goes against Pedro Martinez. It is early in the Series but this is a must-win game for the Yankees.


I am nervous and antsy again. Gotta get ready. Will head out to the stadium at 6:30.


Go Yankees and Go Gators!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: