Friday, October 2, 2009

OMG!! - September Was Totally Amazing!!

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers, the statistics have been collected and I can honestly say that the month of September 2009 has to go in the AMAZING column, not only for the number of things I did but also for their diversity. This is one of the many things that makes living in The Greatest City in The World such an interesting experience - there is so much to do and all you have to do it get off your butt and do it


So, let me lay out for you the raw statistics and then you can decide whether my use of the word “amazing” is justified. In checking my daily log (log, not diary, real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that during the month of September I saw/attended/did the following:


3 Broadway shows (9 to 5; The Royal Family; and Superior Donuts); 12 Off Broadway shows; 2 classical music concerts by the New York Philharmonic, including The Opening Night Gala; 14 Yankee baseball games; and, 2 movies (500 Days of Summer and I Hope They Sell Beer in Hell (pass on this disappointment). Amazing!!


The 14 games at Yankee Stadium included: seeing Derek Jeter tie and then pass Lou Gehrig for the most base hits in franchise history; 2 out of the 3 games the Yankees swept from the Boston FuckSox; and, clinching the best record in baseball, thereby insuring home field advantage in all of the post season series for as far as they go (hopefully to The World Series). I have my same seat for each of the home post season games. Amazing!!


For these 14 games their record was 10 wins and 4 losses, or a winning percentage of .714 and for the season their record for games I saw was 31 win and 17 losses.


On September 22 I had another baseball first for moi - a tour of the new Yankee Stadium and it was very interesting and informative.


The highlight of the month was the opportunity to spend time at PHC with my friends actor David Huddleston and his wife Sarah Koeppe and to meet their friends Randy Adams and Joel Elins. Randy is the Producer of the soon-to-open Broadway musical “Memphis” and Joel is a veteran stage manager for Broadway and touring shows. The 4 of us later had dinner with Katie Cronkite who was in the city for the memorial service honoring her late father Walter Cronkite.


I was also able to spend some face-time with student/manager Scott Reed, who is in the process of moving up the management ladder in the Lower Eastside restaurant scene. Way to go Scotty!!! Amazing!!


In September by sister Ann Parker, now living in Indio, CA, celebrated her 72nd birthday and my oldest grandson Alex Falletta celebrated his 29th.


On the downside, it was also 6 years ago that my dear friend Ray Coker of Lakeland, FL, left us. My thoughts and prayers go out to Hack, Sarah, Bud and Louise and Ginger.


I have to confess to being slothful in one area - and what is that you no doubt are breathlessly asking? Well, I only posted 8 times to this blog. My bad!!


When I account for all of these activities I find that there was only 1, repeat 1, day/night that I stayed in the apartment without attending some entertainment event. Totally Amazing!!


September marked my 4th month in Penthouse C at 420 W. 42nd Street and I love this place, I really do.


Now, perhaps a bit of retrospection is due - before the creation of this blog I wrote a newsletter to friends and family wherein I detailed my activities in The City, the good and the bad. I have tried to do the same since creating this blog in April 2008. It is important for me to be open and honest about what is going on in my life.


I know that my life-style is sometimes very difficult for others to understand but I am what and who I am.


What I don’t want, however, is to be viewed as writing and posting for the purpose of saying ... “Hey, Look At Me, I Am So Much Better Than All of the Rest of You Retards.” That simply is not me. That is not why I write and blog.


I know deep in my heart that I have been blessed beyond my ability to comprehend for the past 14+ years. For that all I can say is ... Thank You My Higher Power!!


And on that note I will post this and leave it up to you loyal and faithful readers to decide whether the use of the word “amazing” is justified.


I report - you decide.


Go Gators and Go Yankees!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: