Wednesday, July 1, 2009

OMG!! Did Billi Pod Make A Mistake????

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers. The following excerpt from the June 30th posting --

************************
“Saturday - July 4th - 1:05 - Yankees vs. Toronto.

In the evening I will watch the Hudson River fireworks from the roof deck of 420 W. 42nd Street. Awesome.”
************************
has generated a firestorm of rather nasty emails from readers in the hinterlands and elsewhere who believe they have caught Billi Pod in a massive reporting error. For example:

Gavin (gavhall@yahoo.com) writes: “yo bro. the 4th fireworks show is in the east river, not the hudson...”

Fred S (frederick345@aol.com) writes: “You call yourself a New Yorker. Do the research. I have seen the Macy show and it is in the East River....”

Janet (janandphil@msn.com) writes: “you reported and we decided you were WRONG!!! just because you moved to the west side doesn’t mean the fireworks moved with you. get real ...pleeze,,,”

Oh my goodness. Has Billi Pod’s reporting credibility taken a potentially fatal hit? Is this blog doomed? Have I failed you, my loyal and faithful readers?

NO!! NO!! NO!! and TRIPLE NO!!

Yes, the Macy 4th of July Fireworks Show is “usually” held on barges located in the East River, south of 42nd Street, but this year, in celebration of the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson’s voyage up the Hudson River, the 5 barges will be located in the HUDSON RIVER from approximately 23rd Street to 59th Street. The last Hudson River show was in 2000.

For your further information: this is Macy’s 33rd show; it begins at 9:20 and lasts 26 minutes; 40,000 shells will light up the sky; and they will go as high as 1,000 feet in the air.

You will notice, I hope, that I never even "suggested" that there was a connection between my moving from the Eastside to the Westside and the relocation of this year’s show, although one could ... naw ... I won't go there.

Anyway, my loyal and faithful readers, I report - you decide.

Go Yankees and Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

PS: Ahem ...thus far there has been a dearth of volunteers to help me assemble my IKEA stuff, however, plenty of time remains.

No comments: