Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday - perceptions of time

Have you noticed over your life that your perception of time varies depending on what you are involved with? For example: if you are waiting for something to happen within a particular window of time, the clock slows down and barely moves, making the whole process akin to a root-canal procedure or self-circumcision.

But, if you are having to perform a certain task or tasks within a pre-prescibed time-frame, the clock begins to race immediately upon inception and then gets faster and faster and faster as the project progresses, ending with your lunge toward the finish line just as the bell rings?

Well, my loyal and faithful readers, I am in the first mode as I await the delivery of my furniture from IKEA. Yesterday they called to advise me that the “window” for the delivery would be 11:00-3:00. So what happened this morning? Well, I woke up at 7:00, before my 8:30 alarm, and couldn’t go back to sleep.

Other than the coverage of Michael Jackson’s Memorial Service, it was for the most part a slow news day for all 3 of my morning papers, making the morning move even slower. I want the stuff to be delivered NOW and it is only 11:45 and my ordeal has just begun.

Of course my mind is awhirl with the question of whether I can assemble all of the stuff, over time. Those of you who have known me since childhood know that my inability to follow printed directions to their conclusion is legendary. I was never ever able to finish making a model airplane, for example.

I do have to admit, however, that I was able to assemble the computer desk that I am correctly working from, with only one minor glitch. I can still feel the elation over that event even though 7 years have elapsed.

On to other things and stuff. I know you will be happy to know that I have just completed an amazing bit of online research regarding the “real” reason(s) behind Sarah Palin's resignation and will post my findings just as soon as I receive a confirming email from a certain unnamed talk-show host from Fox News.

Will post this now and then spend some time lying on my nice leather couch while sucking my thumb.

Help ..........Me..........Please!!!!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: