Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June 2009 Was An Awesome Month!!

I have finished collecting the stats for June 2009 and they are as awesome as I expected, especially when you take into consideration all of the time-consuming requirements connected with becoming a Westsider by moving into Penthouse C on the 41st floor of 420 W. 42nd Street, in The Greatest City in The World.

After checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries), I find that during the month I saw/attended/did the following:

1 Broadway show (the disappointing “The Philanthropist” starring Matthew Broderick); 12 Off Broadway shows; 3 classical music concerts (all by The New York Philharmonic, including the final concert in the tenure of conductor Lorin Maazel); 7 Yankee baseball games (their record for those games - 5 wins and 2 losses); and 2 movies (“The Hangover” and the disappointingly unfunny “The Land of the Lost” with Will Farrell).

Of course the highlight of the month was moving into PHC on June 2, with a 1 year lease and then getting the leasing agency to agree to an amendment making it a 2 year lease. I need to thank, again, student/bartender/manager Scott Reed for helping me hang some of my artwork. I spent a lot of free-time just wandering the ‘hood, checking things out and learning about the culture of being a Westsider. It is different from Midtown East, that is for certain.

During the month I was able to spend some quality time with: Scott, including my first exposure to the newly opened High Line Park in Chelsea; and, Gina Falletta, wife of my oldest grandson Alex Falletta, and her posse for dinner at Angus McIndoe and then a visit to PHC. I also had my audition for the HSBC commercial and renewed contact with Scott Wojcik and Michael Rodriguez. Great seeing you guys again!!

You know what is also kinda amazing? Well, with all of the entertainment activities listed above I also discovered that I had spent a total of 6, yes, that’s the correct number, 6, days/nights in PHC without attending some sort of event during either the day or evening. The majority of which were a direct result of either moving stuff and/or the weather and/or The Subway Series with The Mets at both Yankee Stadium and Citifield.

Yes, the weather during the month was majorly weird and nasty and it seemed as if it rained at least once in every 24-hour cycle, almost like living in Seattle or South Florida. The rain kept the temperatures down though and I didn’t turn on the AC in PHC a single time during the month. I know I saved some big bucks electricity-wise.

July will be interesting, too, because I already have scheduled 6 Yankees games and the taping of “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” on July 13th.

I also kinda got back to blogging - I posted 9 times. Yes, you are welcome, my loyal and faithful readers (even those of you who write nasty emails when you think you have caught Billi Pod in a mistake. Well, you didn’t. Too fucking bad you fucking douche bags!!!).

Oooooopppps - sorry about that - my bad.

Anyways ... where was I ... Oh, yes ...

Go Yankees and Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: