Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quick Update

Tomorrow, Wednesday, is a big day entertainment-wise. I guess it can properly be called a doubleheader. As I have previously posted, at 2:00 is Arthur Miller’s drama “All My Sons” and then at 8:00 is Horton Foote’s new drama “Dividing the Estate,” both clocking in at 2hrs. 15mins. with an intermission. I doubt I will come back to the apartment between shows.

Let me give you a quick report of the shows I have seen since the last posting on Sunday --

Sunday night was “Spamalot” with a discounted TDF ticket, which was in the front of the mezzanine - very good. I was really in the mood for a zany funny show and this filled the bill, as I knew it would. I think this was my 4th time since it opened nearly 4 years ago. As I posted, it is closing on January 18, 2009, although I have heard that the actual closing date has been moved up to January 11th. Clay Aiken is listed as the “star” but it is really an ensemble cast of very talented and funny actors. Needless-to-say, I left with a big smile on my face.

On Monday night was the new comedy/drama “Zero” which I have described in an earlier posting. I think this poster pretty much sums up what the play is about. It was very well written and performed but, you know what ... I guess it is because I have almost 19 years of sobriety, but ... 2 hours of drinking, puking, passing out, blacking out, wasted effort and then remorse etc etc etc - finally began to wear on me. I think it would be better at 90 minutes without intermission. Oh well

The New York Philharmonic Concert tonight was excellent, especially Schumann’s Symphony No. 4, which ended the program. I had previously exchanged a ticket for this concert and my seat was terrific, very center of the orchestra, row KK.


Time to post this and crash, so ...

Talk with you later.

Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: