Sunday, November 2, 2008

49 - 10. It is Great to Be a Florida Gator!!


Yessir, yesterday’s major ass-stomping by the Gators over those pathetic puppies, Oh, excuse me, I meant - the Bulldawgs, made up for last year’s un-sportsman-like conduct by the Georgia team, an act that will live in football infamy.

Let me share with you the headlines in the local papers:

“GATORS ROMP & STOMP - Tebow sizzles, Urban doesn’t call off Dawgs.” The Daily News

“GATORS RUB IT IN ON EMBARRASSED DAWGS.” The Post

“FLORIDA SETTLES SCORE WITH GEORGIA.” The New York Times

I had to leave the apartment with 5 minutes left in the game and the score 49-3 - I had a show downtown and had to pick up my ticket by 7:00pm. I wore the usual outfit, black, except for my Orange and Blue Gator cap. During the trip downtown 4 people hollered out - “Go Gators, etc. etc.”

As I was waiting in line to go inside my theater two women in their early 60s came up to me and said - “Go Gators.” Both had graduated from UF and both had children who were Gator grads. As I was leaving the theater after the show a young guy came up to me and said: “You guys played a hell of a game.”

On the subway back to the apartment I got a thumbs up from a huge black guy wearing a Penn State cap.

Yep, I am still glowing, basking if you will, over being a part of The Gator Nation. We are everywhere.

Can we go all the way to the BCS Championship Game? That I don’t know. We have two tough games as part of the regular season, South Carolina and Florida State, and then the SEC Championship game, probably against Alabama. Time will tell. We pretty much control our own destiny.

In the meantime, I just hope we take it one game at a time.

Have lots of other stuff to post and will so do later.

Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: