Sunday, September 21, 2008

September 20, 2008 - It Doesn’t Get Much Better Than This!!!



What an awesome day/night in The Big Apple.

It started with a very nice lunch and visit with Dwight & Joanne Wells of Key West, FL, at Angus McIndoe on W. 44th Street. When lunch was over I walked with them up to the theater on 50th Street where Altar Boyz is playing and then I walked back to the apartment while listening to the Yankees/Orioles game. The weather was terrific. Bang One!

It was a great game. The score was tied 0-0 going into the bottom of the 9th inning. Robinson Cano hit a single to drive in the winning run and the sold out crowd went crazy and the Yankees remain alive, at least until tomorrow’s games. Bang Two!!

The timing of the baseball game was great because as soon as the winning run scored it was time for the kickoff of the Gator/Tennessee game and, as all of you know by now, the Gators kicked butt, winning 30-6. It is great to be a part of the Gator Nation. Bang Three!!!

When the game was over it was time for me to head back to the theater district to see the new Broadway musical 13, which is in early previews. My discounted TDF ticket was excellent, in the orchestra, third row. The story follows a soon to be 13 year old Jewish boy who has moved with his mother from Manhattan to a small backwater town in Indiana. All of the 14 cast members are teenagers and the orchestra is also composed of mostly teens. Wow, there was so much energy and talent on that stage and the audience really got into the show. I liked it a lot and I just hope it can survive the critical reviews this type of show always receives. I will see it again, without a doubt. Bang Four!!!!

I was so energized by the show that I walked back to the apartment again.

Man, 4 out of 4 - doesn’t get any better than this.

Tomorrow will be the historic final game in The House That Ruth Built. They have moved back the schedule a bit with the ceremonies beginning at 7:00 and the first pitch of the game at 8:05 rather than 9:05 as previously reported. On both the radio and the TV broadcasts for the past several games, references have been made to a “super-special” surprise event right after the game ends. I have no clue what or who will be involved but my gut tells me it will be a musical performance from someone of the caliber of a Bruce Springstein or a Paul McCartny. We will see. I will take lots and lots of pixs.

Go Yankees and Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: