Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Awesome August 2008 Stats


Now that the record book is closed on August 2008 I have checked my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries), I find that during the month I saw/attended/did the following:

1 Broadway show ([title of show]}; 5 Off-Broadway shows; 12 shows at the 12th Annual New York Fringe Festival; 3 classical music concerts at the Mostly Mozart Festival @ Lincoln Center; 1 rock music concert (Neil Diamond); 3 Yankee baseball games (1 win and 2 losses) - through August I have seen a total of 27 games and their record is an abysmal 14 wins vs. 13 losses; and, 6 movies (Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, The Rocker, Tropic Thunder, Hamlet 2, and College).

I had a nice lunch with Scott Reed and Benjamin Sears at Hooters and actually got them to begin texting me again. Thanks Guys! On Thursday the 28th I had the laser procedure, Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT), to reduce the intraocular pressure in my right eye and it was successful.

Was out of The City 4 nights for my trip down to Columbia, SC, to be with my granddaughter, Gina Falletta, when she received her BS degree from the University of South Carolina - way to go girl!

When all of these events are factored in I find that there were ONLY 2 nights that I stayed in the apartment without having attended some entertainment event either during the day or evening. That in and of itself is pretty awesome, in my humble opinion.

And, to keep my faithful and loyal readers up-to-date I posted 23 times to this blog. Yes, you are indeed welcome.

September will be interesting. I already have tickets to: 5 Broadway shows (Gypsy, Spring Awakening, A Tale of Two Cities, Equus, and 13-The Musical); The New York Philharmonic Opening Night Gala @ Lincoln Center; and 6 remaining Yankee games, including the last regular season game at The House That Ruth Built against the Baltimore Orioles on Sunday night, the 21st.

The college football season has started and the Gators have begun their run toward the BCS Championship Game. Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

1 comment:

Tale of Two Cities Musical said...

Hi,
I thought you might be interested in another “Tale of Two Cities Musical” that is wending it's way to Broadway (Perhaps via Boston). This one has a distinctively low budget so far but a very singable score and a very engaging book. You might want to check out some of the songs. http://www.taleoftwocitiesmusical.com/