Monday, September 15, 2008

Baseball and Classical Music Upcoming










I have previously posted that the upcoming week will be mostly devoted to baseball, it being the final home games in The House That Ruth Built, but I also have other stuff already scheduled to add to the mix. This is what the upcoming week looks like:

Monday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Chicago White Sox (season ticket package).

Tuesday - 9:45 - followup appointment with eye doctor;

7:05 - Yankees vs. Chicago White Sox (extra ticket).

NOTE: Tuesday will mark five years since my dear friend Ray Coker, of Lakeland, left us. Ray, you are still missed!! My thoughts and prayers go out to Bud & Louise; Hack & Sarah; and, Ginger.

Wednesday - 7:30 - The New York Philharmonic Opening Night Gala @ Lincoln Center. This is Lorin Maazel’s last season as Musical Director. The program is: Berlioz’s Roman Carnival Overture; Ebert’s Flute Concerto; and, Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 4. ( very expensive full-price ticket)

Thursday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Chicago White Sox (extra ticket).

Friday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles (season ticket package).

Saturday - 3:30 - stay in to watch the Florida Gators kick Tennessee’s butt. Go Gators!!

8:00 - “13” - Broadway - A musical, in previews, featuring an all-teen cast, about a popular New York kid who must relocate to Indiana. (discounted TDF ticket),

Sunday - 8:05 - Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles. This is the final regular season home game to be played in The House That Ruth Built. It is my understanding that the ceremonies will start at 8:00 and that the first pitch won’t be until 9:05. Thank you ESPN. (extra ticket).

OK, in the name of truth and honesty in reporting to you, my longtime friends and readers, I must at this point make a disclosure. I put my ticket up for sale on Stub Hub a week ago for, gasp, $1500.00. No takers yet and there probably won’t be. But, if there is then I will have to decide which wins out - baseball history or offsetting the price increase in next year’s season ticket package. Will keep you advised.

So, I think you will agree that it will be an interesting week for moi in The Big Apple.

In closing, I want to say HAPPY 28TH BIRTHDAY to my grandson Alex Falletta of Elgin, SC. Also, congratulations on the new job - great!!

Go Yankees and Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: