Monday, August 27, 2012

Yesterday==>Sports On TV


I think we should start the week with something for all of you pet lovers out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks to ponder ...


This seems to make a lot of sense to moi.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, yesterday Billi Pod spent the majority of the day/evening in front of the tube watching sporting events.

First was the final game of the YANKEES/INDIANS series, which the Bronx Bombers won 4-2, to win the series. Unfortunately, Freddy Garcia just didn’t have it. Thankfully the bullpen came to his rescue.

Then it was the Little League World Series Championship Game, won by Japan 12-2 over Tennessee.

And then later was the Braves/Giants game on ESPN.

Yeah, I know ... a lots of sports but it was just what Billi Pod was in the mood for.

Now, before you pass judgment ... hold on .. read the rest of the posting ...

In between the LL game and the ESPN game I headed up to the Upper Westside for a 4 mile walk and wander session.

I took the subway up to 72nd Street and then walked up to 76th Street and walked back and forth on 76th, 77th and 78th Streets from Central Park West to Riverside Drive.

Why am I doing the Upper Westside? Well ... little foot traffic traveling East and West and I love the neighborhood feeling of the mostly classic buildings. It just feels good to me.

I know that if I am going to be able to successfully meet my 1,079 mile challenge/adventure I will have to maintain a mindset that I am enjoying the walking for the sake of walking ... not to meet some fictional goal that I set for myself.

This has been the most daunting aspect of the challenge/adventure thus far because in the past I have prided myself on being able to plan the shortest and fastest route from point A to point B in Manhattan.  Now I am in a mindset of picking the route that will easiest add to my mileage. Not an easy task.

Anyway ... moving on ...

Today, being Monday, will be my usual errands and chores day and then for the evening it will be ... 

9:00==>TJ & DAVE - “One hour of unscripted long-form improv.” (Off Broadway - discounted ticket).

These guys are part of Chicago’s Second City and I have seen them perform several times, the last time back on June 1, 2012, and they are unbelievably talented and gut-busting funny.

They are playing downtown in The Village at The Barrow Street Theatre and I will probably walk back to the apartment when the show is over.

Tonight the Yankees begin a 6-game home stand at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, with 3 games vs. Toronto and 3 games vs. Baltimore. I will be at 3 of the games.

On the mound tonight for the Yankees it will be David Phelps (3-4) vs. Henderson Alvarez (7-11) for the Blue Jays.

A major HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to John Scott Reed aka Fabson, who is celebrating his 26th birthday today. 

As many of you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, Scott is originally from Lakeland, FL, and he has been a resident of NYC since he graduated from High School. He is currently Director of Operations/Executive Assistant to Lori Levine of Flying Television, a talent booking and brokering firm. 

Scott is living life to its fullest here in The Big Apple and I am so happy for him and proud, too!!

OMFG!!==>yesterday was my 7th consecutive 6-mile day!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.18 miles

Mileage for last seven days==>44.50

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>258.93

Miles in my storage locker==>50.88

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>820.07

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: