Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Yankees Kicked Butt!!


Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I will start today’s blog with something for you out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks to ponder, so ...


Yeah ... I know ... you are welcome! I have a gut feeling that Billi Pod will be posting more of these in the foreseeable future, so stay tuned.

Last night at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, The Yankees beat the Texas Rangers 8-2 on 5 good innings from our starting pitcher David Phelps, 4 shutout innings from newly acquired veteran pitcher Derek Lowe and the longball, including a grand slam homer from Nick Swisher.

The weather was nice and balmy. It was a great game to watch, if you were a Yankee fan. The four Ranger fans sitting directly behind me were not happy, to say the least, and, of course, we did our best to add to their grief and misery.

This was my 27th game of the 2012 season and The Bombers' record for those games is 16 wins and 11 loses, or a percentage of .592.

Tonight is game 2 of the 4-game series and it will be Hiroki Kuroda (10-8) on the mound for The Yankees vs. Matt Harrison (13-6) for The Rangers.

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is ...

8:00==>MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is: Mozart - Symphony No. 32; Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 3; and Schubert - Symphony in C major (“Great”). (discounted TDF ticket)

Man, this looks like an awesome concert. I love all three of the works.

When the concert is over I will walk back to PHC while listening to the final innings of the YANKEES/RANGERS game.

Think I will do a bit of walking and wandering ... so ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.08  miles

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>187.04

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>891.96

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: