Monday, August 6, 2012

Billi Pod’s Next Adventure/Challenge


OK my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace, I know that you have been anxiously awaiting Billi Pod’s revelation about what he has added to his Bucket List as his next adventure/challenge.

Well ... you don’t have to wait any longer because here it is ...

Between July 1, 2012 and April 23, 2013, my 79th birthday, I will walk at least==>1,079 miles. 

Yes ... that is the correct figure==>1,079 miles<==calculated at 1,000 miles plus an additional 79 miles honoring my next birthday.

For you number crunchers the total days are 296, so the daily average must be at least 3.65 miles, or 25.51 per week.

Of course the mileage will be recorded on my Weight Watchers Pedometer, but you already knew that, didn’t you.

I actually decided on this new adventure/challenge back on July 1st but I didn’t reveal it until I let the idea soak in and checked out a few things ... like ... and most importantly ... what will I do when Winter arrives and the streets and sidewalks are covered with snow and ice? Or when we have extended days/nights of rain and nasty weather?

Honestly, I was quite concerned about this then it suddenly hit me ... hey Billi Pod ... you live just 1 1/2 blocks from the Port Authority Bus Terminal, so ... you can walk to the Terminal and then either walk around the Terminal, or walk the various platforms ... or ... take a subway to either Penn Station or Grand Central Station and walk around those cavernous spaces.

I knew that during the Winter the sidewalks leading from 420 W. 42nd Street to The Port Authority Bus Terminal are usually kept in good condition, mostly free of accumulated snow and ice.

So I gave both Penn Station and Grand Central a couple of test walks and I had no problems in easily accumulating at least 3.7 miles, without feeling strange or out-of-place.

I also plan to step up my present daily average, which is currently 3.95 miles, so I can have some extra miles in the bank, just in case something happens, like being sick or whatever.

OK ... there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... Billi Pod’s next challenge/adventure.

Why am I doing this I know some of you are asking? Simple. Two reasons: (1) Because I want to; and (2) Because I can.

So ... here are the up-to-date stats ...

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>142.90

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>936.10

I will share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers the ups and downs of this next adventure/challenge, on, hopefully, a daily basis.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: