Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back-to-Back Doubleheaders


Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

Yes, I am happy to report that yesterday’s entertainment doubleheader was EXCELLENT, so let’s get right to the important things ... starting with ... 

The YANKEES/BALTIMORE game at 1.05pm at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. It was gray and overcast when Billi Pod arrived at the stadium and he had the gut feeling that the possibly of either a rain-delay or even a postponement was on the horizon.

The game started on time but almost immediately it began to lightly rain. Thank God my new seat assignment is under an overhang, which protects me from the elements. It rained for most of the game but there were no delays.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I am happy to report that The Yankee bats came alive and we crushed the Orioles 12-3, fueled by a grandslam from Robinson Cano in the bottom of the 3rd inning. Phil Hughes had a decent outing.

In the 7th inning Joba Chamberlain took the mound for his first appearance in Pinstripes since June 5, 2011. He got a roaring ovation from the standing crowd. He was only so-so, but the important thing is ... he is back.

The Yankees have the day off today and then begin a 3-game series against Seattle at the stadium.

The second half of the entertainment doubleheader was ...

GLEE CLUB, the explicit musical comedy about singing, friendship, and the riffs in between==>B+.

It is funny, profane and very well acted. The virtually sold-out house was really into the performance and I totally enjoyed it. I left the theater with a smile on my face.

Yep ... it was an excellent doubleheader ... and ... Billi Pod has another one scheduled for today ... first ...

4:00==>KINGDOM OF THE SHORE - “The four Moloney sisters have a problem. What to do with the house that has been the family's summer retreat for over fifty years? (Off Broadway)

This is a staged reading. Featured in the cast are Kathleen Chalfant and Tom Wopat.

The playwright, Terrence Lamude, is a friend of my friends Michael Pederson and Dennis Dohman and this is how I got invited to the reading at the Ripley-Grier Studios at 520 8th Avenue.

When the reading is over Michael, Dennis and I will walk up to 42nd Street and I will finally have the opportunity to confirm to them that Billi Pod does indeed live on the Penthouse floor of 420 W. 42nd Street, more specially, in PHC.

Then we will walk up to Restaurant Row on 46th Street to have dinner at the world famous Joe Allen, one of my favorite Theater District restaurants. 

I am using this as an opportunity to partially repay the guys for their numerous dinner parties and hospitality at their apartment located down in Chelsea.

Yeah ... two doubleheaders in a row ... this is why I love living in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

I will close out this posting with the following which pretty much sums up Billi Pod’s philosophy of life ...


Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.13 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: