Friday, August 31, 2012

Have A GREAT Holiday Weekend Everyone!!


TGIF for all of my Worker Bee friends and to all of my other loyal and faithful readers and followers.

Yes, I know the holiday weekend is about to begin, so before it does I think that you should think about the following ...


Yes, I think that it probably is ...

Anyway, moving on to last night’s entertainment event ...

THE FIFTH DENTIST, a true story by America's funniest dentist, Mike King==>B.

I found most parts of the hour-long monologue to be hilarious and touching, but I agree with King that it is still a “work-in-progress.”

It will only get better over time. It is, however, definitely worth seeing now.

Today I am having a late lunch with John Scott Reed somewhere in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood. 

We haven’t had face time in quite a while so we have a lot of catching up to do.

My entertainment (damn, I hope that will be the operative word) event for tonight is ...

7:05==>YANKEES/ORIOLES @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. This is a crucial 3-game series against the 2nd place Birds, who just won’t go away.

At one point not too long ago our lead over them was a comfortable 10-games. Now it is only 3.

It will be Hiroki Kuroda (12-9) on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Miguel Gonzalez (5-3) for The Orioles.

The weather is supposed to be good and I am rather confident we will have a sellout crowd.

I will probably head out to the stadium a bit earlier than usual (usually 6:00pm for a 7:05pm game) and do a little more walking and wandering in ‘da Bronx.

Hope that everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.38 miles (or, 11,764 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>284.19

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>794.81

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: