Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Fringe Festival Doubleheader For Today


Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers. I hope you have a great weekend planned because Billi Pod certainly does, the details of which will be below.

But, first, let’s start with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

GETTING THE BUSINESS, about an executive dealing with a vivacious assistant who has an agenda of her own==>B+

This comedy/drama has excellent acting with an engrossing story line. Yes, it is funny but also very thought-provoking. I think the critics are going to like it.

The running time is only 80 minutes, with an intermission. It is playing at one of the Theatre Row venues and is definitely worth seeing.

I am happy to report that last night The Yankees beat up on Toronto 10-4 on Ichiro Suzuki’s 5 RBIs. Freddy Garcia pitched a decent game and got the win.

Game #2 is this afternoon at 1:05, and, of course, Billi Pod will be in the cool confines of PHC to watch it. 

Ivan Nova (10-6), coming off two consecutive crappy outings, will be on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Aaron Laffey (3-2) for The Blue Jays.

Today is a Fringe Festival doubleheader for Billi Pod, starting with ...

5:00==>THE APOCALYPSE OF JOHN - “John Darrian is charged with saving the world from aliens, super-viruses, earthquakes, and Satan himself in a comedy about the tragic end of all life on Earth. An absurd look at coming to terms with your worst fears. And zombies.” (Fringe Festival - $9.00 TDF Ticket)

This show is playing at a venue in The Village and has a running time of only 1:35, meaning I will have plenty of time to walk and wander down there before my second show, which is ...

9:15==>SALAMANDER STARTS OVER - “The words every teenage punk dreads: ALL-BOYS CATHOLIC SCHOOL. But this isn't your average preparatory education. Eccentric teachers. Militant coaches. Dance-fighting students. Add these with the love of a Cuban mother and see how Salamander starts over.” (Fringe Festival - $9.00 TDF ticket). 

The running time for this show, playing at a venue in Astor Place in The East Village, is only 70 minutes.

Yeah, I know, don’t both of these shows sound interesting? This is why I basically love The Fringe Festival. I have another Fringe Festival doubleheader for Sunday, details of which will be posted tomorrow.

It is kinda gray and gloomy out this morning at 10:00am. Think I will post this and then maybe walk and wander for a mile or two.

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I know that I am approaching becoming obsessive/compulsive about my 1,079 mile adventure/challenge. I know ... I know ... but ... it really isn’t my fault.

The culprit is the Weight Watchers Pedometer that has taken over my life and whose fault is that you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... none other that the person who gifted it to me ... tada ... My Lady, Dian Crystal.

Yes ... blame it on her ... and ... oooooops ... can’t write any more because The Pedometer has just ordered me to leave the apartment in 15 minutes ... so ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.53 miles
Total mileage since 7/1/12==>170.26
Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>908.74

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: