Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunday Was An AWESOME Day!!


Good morning everyone. Why don’t we begin this posting with something for all of you out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks to ponder ...


Unfortunately for all of my Worker Bee friends it is Back-To-Work Monday, but, on a positive note I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that Billi Pod’s entertainment doubleheader yesterday was AWESOME!!!

First was COUGAR THE MUSICAL, about older women dating younger men==>B.

It is well performed and funny. The audience was really into the show and it was the largest crowd I have seen at St. Luke’s Theatre. I would estimate that the audience was 75% female.

Before the show I connected with my theater buddy, Dian Crystal, and that was a pleasant surprise. We were able to sit together.

When the show was over we decided to catch an early bite at the Fallopian restaurant Meske located on West 47th Street in my ‘hood.

The Fallopian food, whatever it was, was really tasty and filling.

We had a very nice time together. It had been way-too-long since we had facetime so we did a lot of catching up. We talked a lot about our respective walking programs. Unfortunately My Lady will not accept any responsibility for creating my addiction to my Pedometer. Oh well ...

Oooooooooops ... I have just been rather forcefully reminded that it is Ethiopian food, not Fallopian food. My bad. So sorry Marty.

Anyway ... moving on ... 

The second part of the awesome doubleheader was the YANKEE/FUCKSOX game out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

The game didn’t start until 8:00pm and since it was being carried on ESPN it took forever between innings. The stadium was packed and the weather was great.

A lot of F**kSox fans were seated in my immediate area. They were pretty subdued at the start of the game and got quieter and quieter as the game progressed, for good reason.

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know==>The Yankees kicked F**kSox butt, winning 4-1 on a stellar performance from Hiroki Kuroda and 2 HRs from Ichiro Suzuki

Ichiro has quickly become a crowd favorite and has been a valuable addition to the roster.

It was 11:55pm when I opened the door to PHC, thus ending an AWESOME entertainment doubleheader.

You know, actually it was a tripleheader counting the terrific meal with My Lady at the Fallopian ... sorry ... Ethiopian restaurant.

The Yankees begin a 6-game road trip with 3 games in Chicago and 3 games in Toronto.

Tonight it will be Freddy Garcia (7-5) on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Gavin Floyd (9-9) for the White Sox.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers, this being a Monday Billi Pod has things and stuff and errands to do so he will post this and start working on his to-do list.

Wait ... I haven’t said anything about tonight. At the moment things are in flux. I hope to be able to meet up with John Scott Reed for some much needed facetime. If not, then will probably catch a movie.

Let me close this posting with a major shoutout to two of my young friends, Amber Lee and Justin Pifer, who are both starting Law School today. CONGRATULATIONS==>Let The New Adventure Begin!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.09  miles

Mileage for last seven days==>31.47

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>214.43

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>864.57

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: