Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Move-In Is Done - Thoughts & Comments

Saturday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite Sunshine State blogger has now officially moved into his 1-Bedroom apartment at Paseo at Winter Park Village.

Yesterday the mover showed up at 12:30pm, as planned, and the move-in process began. When I moved out of PHC there were 3 guys and the process took a little over 3 hours. Incredibly, when the Mayflower van arrived there was only the driver, Greg, and his 12-year old son, Conner. WTF?

Well, I am happy to report that everything went very well, including getting my large leather couch into the apartment without having to take it apart as I had anticipated.

The whole process was over around 4:30pm and then I began unpacking the boxes and putting things away, temporarily, of course.

During the move-in process the Brighthouse installer arrived around 2:30pm, again as scheduled, and he got the TV up and running, along with internet service and a landline. My son, Bill III aka The Bill was able to make the necessary arrangements to secure me a baseball package which will include the Yankee games.

This picture is what the apartment looked like before the mover arrived ...
and this is what it looks like now.
Needless to say, I still have a lot of unpacking and putting things away to do. I will put the paintings up sometime in the middle of next week when I am sure I like the furniture placement and stuff.

You know, everything in this whole moving process went extremely well==>Thank You Higher Power!!

After the movers left ... 

Made a trip to Publix, across the street from my building, did some unpacking, had a fruit and cheese plate for dinner, watched the Yankee game which began at 10:00pm (the Yankees lost to Oakland 6-2) and then crashed around 1:00am.

Man, I was really tired and emotionally drained but it sure did feel good to be in my own bed in my own, new, apartment.

Woke up this morning at the usual 8:00am. I did a walk and wander session in Winter Park Village and adjacent property and then made another quick run to Publix for the papers and some cleaning stuff.

When I finish this posting I will resume the unpacking and putting away. Man, does it feel great to be working on my desktop again. My plans are to spend today and most of tomorrow getting the apartment into shape.

I do plan to attend an AA meeting tonight, in the downtown Winter Park area

Sunday evening will have dinner with The Bill and our friend Randy Haag.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, you are now pretty much up-to-date ... so ...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.32  miles (or, 7,254 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>584.60 miles (average 3.92 miles per day)

Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: