Friday, May 1, 2015

Pace Law School & Justin Allen Pifer - Airline Highway - The Boston F**kSox


Friday==>Yesterday was a very interesting day for your favorite Big Apple blogger and, as warned, he was unable to post on this blog.

The reason ... I had a wonderful afternoon and early evening up in White Plains, NY,  at Pace Law School, with soon-to-graduate Justin Allen Pifer ... so ... why don’t we get started with the details ...

As you will recall, the purpose of this trip was for me to participate as a “jurist” in Justin’s final moot court trial.

So ... at 1:20pm I was on an express Metro North train headed to White Plains. We made excellent time, arriving, as scheduled, at 2:00pm.

Justin met me at the train station and drove us to the Pace campus. He then took me on a brief tour of the law school, including the very impressive law library.

Justin had some final things to do in preparation for the trial so we split and I spent about 30 minutes just walking and wandering around the beautiful campus.

At 3:30pm I reported back to the moot court classroom, also very impressive, and was seated in the jury box, with 4 law students (yeah, it was supposed to be 6 of us .. but no matter).

Justin and his female co-counsel were representing the plaintiff, a very unlikeable talk show host, who claimed to have been injured when a “family event” Sumo-wrestling match he was refereeing went “wrong.”

The Judge for the trial was the class professor. He is also a New York State Judge. We had a nice conversation during one of the breaks.

The whole thing was very interesting and I was really impressed with how well prepared the lawyers/students were and how totally in-character the 4 witnesses were.

The trial was over around 6:00pm and we began our very low-key deliberations, in the jury box. Bottom line, as much as I would have loved to have returned a verdict for Justin’s client, I agreed with the other jurors who felt the plaintiff was responsible for his injuries, therefore, no liability.

I did think that Justin and his co-counsel did a much better job than the two guys who were representing the defendant corporation.

This was Justin’s final class before his graduation, which is scheduled for 10:00am on Sunday, May 17th.

As a side note ... on that momentous day, John Scott Reed and I will Uber up to Yonkers to join Justin and his family for a celebration luncheon.

So ... Justin took me back to the train station in time to catch the 7:15pm train back to Grand Central. It was not an express so it took just a bit longer, but no problem.

It was 9:00pm when I opened the door to PHC. I was starving. Thankfully, I had some pizza in the ‘fridge.

I stayed in for the rest of the evening watching baseball.

So ... Justin==>thank you for the tour and for inviting me to participate in your final moot court trial.

Moving on ... or perhaps back ... whatever ...

I now need to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers Billi Pod’s report card on the Broadway show he attended on Wednesday ...

AIRLINE HIGHWAY, in the parking lot of The Hummingbird, a once-glamorous motel on New Orleans’s infamous Airline Highway, a rag-tag collection of strippers, hustlers and philosophers have come together to celebrate the life of the iconic burlesque performer Miss Ruby, but she isn’t dead yet==>B-

There is a lot to like about this show, with the exception of the characters, who were basically stereotypes with in-your-face personalities. The underlying story line, that there are people in the “under-class” who are down-on-their-luck through no fault of their own, is stuffed down your throat from the opening scene to the finale. Yeah, we got it after 15-minutes.

Now, the acting is excellent and that is what makes the show worth seeing. I was very impressed with the legendary Julie White as a hooker with a heart and a drug problem and K. Todd Freeman as a sassy transvestite.

Frankly, I considered leaving at intermission but I am sorta glad I didn’t because I would have missed the triumphant entry of Miss Ruby.

So ... Billi Pod sorta says==>it is sorta worth seeing with a discounted or comp. tix.

It is playing at the Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street, has a running time of 2:15, with intermission, and runs through June 4th.

Moving on ... the reason this posting is delayed is because earlier I received the packing boxes from my mover and it took a long time to store them so I could still move around the apartment.

Now ... what about tonight?

Well, the weekend’s entertainment events will be governed by the fact that @ 7:10pm the Yankees begin a 3-game series against the Boston FuckSox up in that disgusting cesspool known as Fenway Park.

On the mound for the Yankees (13-9) will be our struggling former ace CC Sabathia (0-4) vs. Justin Masterson (2-0) for the FuckSox (12-10).

Saturday’s game will be at 1:35pm and Sunday’s game will be at 8:05pm, on ESPN.

Of course, your favorite Big Apple blogger will stay in to watch all three games.

Hey ... don’t be judgmental ... I am a Yankee fan and it is the repulsive FuckSox ... so ... what do you expect ...

On this happy note ...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.03 miles (or, 11,001 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>469.33 miles (average 3.91 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: