Thursday, May 28, 2015

Billi Pod’s Update From The Sunshine State


Thursday - Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... this is your favorite blogger writing to you from Orlando, in The Sunshine State. Billi Pod will now give you an update on what is going on in his New Adventure.

On Tuesday I signed the lease on my apartment at Paseo at Winter Park Village. To take full advantage of the perks I had to sign a 15 month lease but that wasn’t a problem. The lease itself ... well ... the document, with all of the addendums, was a mere 30 pages long. It was only after I reviewed the document later that I discovered that I had consigned the body and soul of my only son, William A. Norris, III, aka The Bill, to the leasing agency as collateral in the event of a default on my part. Oh well ...

With the signing I officially became a resident of Winter Park, FL.

Yesterday, Bill and I went back to the complex to pick up the keys, actually called fobs since there is electronic entry, and did a walkthrough of the apartment. I am the first person to occupy the unit. 

We were given a rather long “Inventory and Condition Form” to complete to list any defects or damages to the apartment. We did note a few minor things and were assured that they would be immediately corrected.

So ... at this point the only thing remaining is to make arrangements with Brighthouse (the building’s provider) for TV and internet service.

Actually, there is one other small thing ... the arrival of my furniture. I still haven’t received a firm date from Mayflower and as I am writing this I am awaiting a callback to get a status report. When I signed the contact with them I was given a window of May 28 - June 7th ... so ...

To say that I am getting antsy is putting it mildly.

Tonight, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm is the “Ribbon Cutting Ceremony & Grand Opening Event” at Paseo’s Clubhouse. According to the invitation: “food, drinks and live entertainment will be provided.” Bill and I will be there, of course.

Moving on ... 

Bill III and I have gotten along well, as expected. Yesterday was his final day with his kids and his final work day is Friday. Then is he off for the summer. 

I have gotten into a new walking regime to handle the heat, humidity and sun. I have been going out around 8:15-8:30am and walking for an hour in Bill’s neighborhood. There is decent shade. I would guess I am in the shade about 75% of the time and that is excellent. The temperature at that time has been ranging in the high 70s, low 80s with a light breeze.

Have spent a lot of time in front of Bill’s mammoth home entertainment center, watching more TV than I anticipated. He has Direct TV and gets every channel known to man, including every baseball game, and that is really good.

Tomorrow I will go to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office in the mall in our ‘hood and get a new Florida ID card with my new address. I will also see what it will take to get my expired Florida driver’s license renewed. Whether I should do that remains to be determined.

So ... I guess the important message is that everything is going very very well for me down here. Do I miss The Big Apple and all of my friends up there? Yes, of course I do ... but ... that was expected.

Bottom line==>I still remain confident that returning to The Sunshine State was the right decision for Billi Pod.

So ... stay tuned!

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.06 miles (or, 8,891 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>576.75 miles (average 3.92 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: