Monday, May 18, 2015

Countdown (-3) - Justin’s Celebration Luncheon - The Wankies - Dinner with Dian Crystal & Marty Kosarik - Plans

 Monday==>Sunday was a super-excellent day that went down like this ...

At 11:15am I met up with John Scott Reed, Maria Claudio, and Justin Archibald (known as Archie) and we Ubered up to Yonkers for the luncheon in celebration of Justin Allen Pifer’s graduation earlier in the morning from Pace Law School in White Plains, NY.

In the picture it is Archie, Maria, Moi, and Scott.

We arrived at the trendy restaurant,  X2O Xaviar's on the Hudson, around noon. 

When the crowd finally gathered I estimate that there were about 60 people in attendance, with 8 tables.

It was an excellent experience as we spent time getting to know one another and how we were all connected to Justin.

Scott had met him at a dance camp back when they were Juniors in high school and they maintained that friendship through the years. I met Justin through Scott, as did Maria. Archie met him at Penn State.

Scott made a very thoughtful toast to Justin and Justin followed up with remarks and thank-you’s to family and friends. Frankly, it was all kinda emotional, at least it was for me.

The luncheon was over around 3:15pm and our group used a car service to get back to Manhattan. Frankly, Uber was the best of the two rides.

So ... Justin==>CONGRATULATIONS and now let the next part of your adventure/life begin.

Also==>a MAJOR shout-out to Amber Lee who also graduated from Law School on Sunday, American University - Washington College of Law. 
The picture is Amber and her father, Robert Lee.

Moving on ...

Another good thing about the luncheon==>I didn’t have to watch the Wankies getting their asses kicked by the Royals, as they lost 6-0 for their first shutout of the season.

They have tonight off and then Tuesday will start a 2-game series against the Nationals, in Washington, DC. 

After I post this I will spend the remainder of the morning and early part of the afternoon doing some more packing.

This final bit is the most difficult because it entails, among other things, assembling the boxes for my 4 largest paintings, not an easy task for a total klutz like moi.

Oh well ...

Moving on ... 

At 4:00pm I will meet up with my dear friends Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant, Meske, on West 47th Street in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood, for our final time together.

After dinner I will come back to PHC to conclude the final (hopefully) packing, which will include deciding on what I will take with me on the plane Thursday.

Oh ... yes, I know I haven’t posted about the show I saw on Saturday afternoon, TUESDAY AT TESCO’S. Honestly, I am just not in the mood to say anything about the show other than it just didn’t work for me and it gets a report card of==>C.

In all likelihood tomorrow’s posting will be my final one from The Big Apple. I will, of course, attempt to post daily on my Facebook Timeline.

Have no fear==>Billi Pod Blogs will resume once he gets down to The Sunshine State.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.03 miles (or, 6,621 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>27.49 miles (average 3.93 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>540.77 miles (average 3.95 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”
Departure==>-3

No comments: