Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Countdown (-8) - Packing - The Yankees - Les Miserables


Wednesday==>As the countdown continues I am happy to report that I was able to do some major packing yesterday, mostly books, my extensive CD collection and misc. stuff.

It took a bit longer than I had anticipated, largely due to having to put together the boxes, which is simple for most people but kinda complex for klutzes such as Moi.

As anticipated, I stayed in for the evening to watch the YANKEES/RAYS game down in St. Petersburg in that disgrace known as Tropicana Field.

Unfortunately, the Yankees lost 4-2 before an embarrassingly small crowd of only 10,417.

Nathan Eovaldi pitched 6 shutout innings but then gave up two runs in the 7th inning and another two in the 8th. Oh well ...

Moving on ...

Today’s entertainment event is a Broadway show ...

2:00==>LES MISERABLES - “This brand new production of the world’s most popular musical is set against the backdrop of 19th-century France and is an unforgettable story of heartbreak, passion, and the resilience of the human spirit.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

This is one of the top five of my all-time favorite musicals. Over the years I have probably seen it 10 times on Broadway and in London. I saw this revival back on April 23, 2014 and gave it an A++ back then even though it doesn’t have the usual turntable set.

The show features a timeless score with such beloved songs as “I Dreamed A Dream,” “Bring Him Home,” "One Day More,” and “On My Own.”

There was no way Billi Pod could leave NYC without seeing it one time more.

It is playing at the Imperial Theatre of West 45th Street, has a running time of 2:55, with one intermission, and is an open run.

When the show is over I will come back to PHC, do some more packing and then settle in to watch ...

7:10pm==>Game 3 of the 4-game YANKEES/RAYS series.

On the mound for the Yankees (21-13) will be Adam Warren (2-1) vs. Nathan Karns (2-1) for the Rays (18-16).

Recorded some decent walking mileage yesterday==>5.01 miles, as a result of some errands and my usual ball-game walking program/regimen.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, it is time to post this and then put together some more boxes and then head out for my show ...

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.01 miles (or, 10,964 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>521.80 miles (average 3.95 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”
Departure==>-8

No comments: